Wednesday 30 November 2016

October Fairyloot Review| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
So I was lucky enough to  get a 3 month to subscription to Fairyloot which started in September. This meant that I got the October box and the theme for October was Steampunk Rebellion. I loved this box as much as the last one and you can read my review of the last box here.


This is an overview of the contents of the box. We definitely got a lot more smaller items in this box, which I kind of prefer. There was a wide of variety of items and hardly any cross overs or similar items from the last box. I loved the variety as there was something for everyone in this box.








The first item in this box was a candle made by Meraki Candles. There were six you could get and they were inspired by Divergent. I got Dauntless (super happy about this) and it smells like Dauntless Cake and Warm Amber. I love the subtle touch around the outside, you can see the fire and it ties nicely to Dauntless.








Next,  there was this awesome Clockwork Ring made by Cogs and Curiosities. This is such a cute piece of jewelry. I personally won't be wearing this much as I tend not to wear rings this much. But it does embody steampunk with all the mechanical pieces in the copper glitter.









This is a close up of the ring designed by Cogs and Curiosities. I love how detailed it is.













While we are talking about jewelry, the other piece of jewelry in this box was this Mechanical Butterfly Necklace designed by Fairyloot. Again, I really love this but like the ring I probably won't wear it that much as I'm the type of person who has a few staple pieces of jewelry I wear. That's when I remember to wear jewelry. I'll definitely be using this in Instagram photos though.






Here is a slightly blurry close up as my camera WOULD not focus on it. I love the little pops of copper on the wings.












Next we have, what is quite possibly the best item I have received in a subscription box EVER, and it is an Infernal Devices Tea Towel which was designed exclusively by Read at Midnight. You guys know I am a huge fan of The Infernal Devices, so I literally squealed when I saw this. I'm probably not going to use it as a tea towel and I'm going to find away to display it in my room.






This is a first for me and that is a book themed lip balm made exclusively by Behind the Pages. Gina also designed something for the September box and I'm so happy that my Behind the Pages collection is growing. It is based of Elias from An Ember in the Ashes (I believe) and smells of spice and rain.








What makes it exclusive is the gold colouring and glitter Gina added. I love smelling this and one day I'll get round to testing it.












Then we have an item designed by Happy Hello Art. If you follow me on Instagram (shamless self promo, follow me @itscarenzab) then you will know that I have all the Cassandra Clare bookmarks that Happy Hello art has to offer. I was a little bit disappointed with this as I already have it, but I will be keeping it because I love adding to my Cassandra Clare collection. You could either get Will or Jem.







Like the tea towel, this item was a first to me. This washi tape was included by Fairyloot and I love it. As I mention in most of my posts, I bullet journal so I'm looking forward to using this in my journal.









A close up of the Clockwork pattern on the washi tape.













The book in Fairyloot's October box was Metaltown by Kristen Simmons. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to reading this but I am looking forward to. Apart from TID, I haven't read any Steampunk.
The signed bookplate, as you can see I am terrible at sticking them in and mine is a bit wonky.












We also got this badge which links to the book. I really like how the outside looks like a cog.













Like last months box, there was the unique hashtag which helps you find your reading buddy.












This was my unique hashtag, like last month I didn't find my reading buddy :(













There was also another Fairyscoop, I have had so much fun reading these.
A super detailed author interview with Kristen. I love that it includes some book recommendations.












 There was this cool metal maze on the back as well as a photo competition to win an ARC. I entered but I didn't win.












There was also a letter written by Kristen talking about Metaltown. I love how the paper has the design of the card that tells you whats in the box. It's a really nice touch.











 Here is the graphic for the October box. I have to say I preferred September's but this is still really cool.
The information about what's in the box. Mine has bluetac on because I have stuck it up.













So that concludes my October Fairyloot review. I was blown away by the quality of the box and am looking forward to picking up my November and finding out what's inside. My November review will be going up at the end of December.
Love,
Carenza x