Saturday 12 November 2016

October Favourites 2016| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Firstly, I want to apologies for this post not being up yesterday. I've been really busy with college commitments and because it's winter here in the UK, the lighting has been really bad. Also, usually in my favourites I talk about three topics: Beauty, Books and Bits'n'Bobs. There will be no beauty in this one as I didn't have any beauty favourites.

Books

I have two favourite books of the month and the first one is Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs. This is a companion novel to the Miss Peregrine's series. This book restored my faith in the series. I haven't talked about it much on here, but I really didn't like the final book in the series (Library of Souls), but this book made me fall in love with his writing again. 5/5 stars from me. 







My other favourite book of the month was This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. This is the first book in her Monster series and is a duology. I really loved this book, I plan on doing a book review on it at some point soon. I really liked the characters and the world it was set in. It was my second VE Schwab book and I can't wait to read more by her.







Bits'n'Bobs

I swear that every month this category gets bigger and bigger, but these last two months I am finding more and more new things I like.

The first thing is Halloween. I really like Halloween as you can have lots of different kinds of fun. You can watch horror films or decorate your house/ living space or just have fun getting in the spirit of the season. I really enjoyed carving pumpkins and have a whole blog post about my pumpkins, to have a look click here.

My next favourite is this Book of Grisha notebook I got in the September Fairyloot box, to read my review click here
I've started to use it to keep track of all my bookish thoughts and needs. I make lists of the books that are coming out each month and there are lists about books I want to get but haven't read. It's just a nice place to keep all my thoughts together and I will be buying more like this in the future. 





My next favourite has been Autumn. Autumn is my favourite season, I just love being able to wear jumpers and crunching on the leaves every morning. I love getting home and crawling into my Totoro onsie, I still do work but I can do it in my favourite onsie. 

I have two TV favourites, the first is The Fall. This is a BBC programme which I'm not going to explain as the explanation spoils it. But if you like murder mysteries like Broadchurch, then you will really love The Fall. I will say that it is aimed at older and mature people as some of the scenes are sexual and violent.

The other TV favourite is National Treasure. It's only got one season of four episodes but it's fantastic. It follows the story of a famous comedian who has some serious allegations of sexual assault put against him. It was a very interesting and moving show to watch. What was even better, was that you had no idea which way it was going to go right until the very end. 

 My final favourite is my new Harry Potter pop funko! It's Harry in his Tri-Wizard uniform holding his golden egg. Up until recently I believed this was exclusive to Forbidden Planet but I'm not to sure about that. He's just so cute and I love pop funkos so much!









So that concludes my October favourites, I am sorry that this post is a day late but recently I've not been very motivated to write these posts. I'm slowly trying to get back into the swing of it but college and life are a bit crazy at the moment so finding time to blog can be hard.
Love,
Carenza x