Monday 16 August 2021

A Day in the Life of a Creative Writing Graduate| Carenza Bramwell

When I was still a student, I would make posts about my daily activities and what I got up to as a student. Now that I have graduated (which even two months later feels very weird to say), I thought I would share a day in the life of a creative writing graduate. This is what a typical day in my life looks like now.

Morning

I use my mornings for content creation. While I am job hunting, I have made the decision to go full time with my content creation on my various platforms. So a morning for me could look like writing blog posts, writing tweets, planning content or taking bookstagram photos. Basically writing, planning or a photography session. 

I try to work from around 9:30 until I have lunch at 12. I do take a little break if I start to feel a bit tired or like I need to change up what I'm doing. I really like my morning routine as it gets some of my key tasks done and makes me feel quite productive. 

Afternoon

After having lunch with my family, my afternoons are for two things- job hunting and teaching myself about social media marketing. Now that I've finished my degree, the next stage in my life is to get a job. So far, it's a slow process of lots of applications and rejections. I tend to work on applications for max two hours as I do find it emotionally draining. 

Once I've had enough of scrolling through jobs and looking for ones to apply for, I do some work on teaching myself about social media marketing. This is to help me improve my own social media platforms and to help me develop key skills for the types of jobs I'm applying for. I have a social media marketing book for dummies that I'm slowly making my way through. I'll read and make notes on things I believe are relevant as I go. I do miss learning so this is one way for me to keep that side of me going. 

Evening 

I tend to finish my tasks for the day at around 4pm. My evening consists of reading, doing my daily Duolingo, household tasks and watching something. I like to get about an hour or so of reading done before I have tea with my family. I'm trying to be a bit stricter with it as sometimes I can get sucked down a YouTube wormhole. Before finishing my degree, I was just taking French on Duolingo but now I've started learning Italian and Japanese as they are languages I've wanted to learn for a while. I only do about 10 minutes a day, but I really enjoy it. 

I then help with whatever household tasks require me before going back to reading or watching something. Sometimes my parents and I will go for a walk before we do our evening routines, which I do like. I find it hard sometimes to fit a walk into my day with wanting to get so much done, so I like going for walks with them.

And that concludes a typical day in my life. I miss having a routine so I'm trying to build one up for myself now that I'm a graduate as it could be quite a while before I get a job. I hope you liked this post.