Friday 2 December 2016

November Wrap Up| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
It's that time of month were I look back on what I have read the previous month. I've noticed a trend in my wrap up's since September and that is every month I have been saying "this is the most books I've read in one month". November beats them all. In November I read 10 books. I have no idea how I managed to find so much time for reading on top of all my school work. Usually I pair together my wrap up's and TBRs but I have already posted my December TBR.

November Wrap Up


The first book I completed in November was Shiver by Maggie Stievfater. I listened to this on Audiobook using the Overdrive app. I gave it 5/5 stars. I loved the narrators of the story as well as the story line. I have owned the books for almost a year but have never been motivated to read them. I'm planning on listening to the other two books in Audiobook format. I also need to get the novellas from this series.






The next book I read was for class and that was On Writing by Stephen King. I'm usually someone who sticks to fiction so reading a non fiction book was really interesting. I really enjoyed this and learnt so much about King's life and what it means to be a writer. I gave it 4/5 stars. I defiantly want to pick up some of his other books.







Then I read An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and it was illustrated by Cassandra Jean. This book only just came out in the UK and I am beyond happy that it did. I gave it 5/5 stars. It's such a beautiful book and you can pick it up at any time. The only section I haven't  read it the section for The Last Hours as the book does contain minor spoilers for some characters.





I finally got around to reading Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas this month! It had been on my TBR since I finished Queen of Shadows and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with it. I gave it 4/5 stars in the end but that was because the ending of the book saved it for me. I'm not going to be writing a review for this any time soon as I want to post reviews for the other books in the series first.






 Next I read Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare and a bunch of other awesome authors. I have a full review for this up here. I really enjoyed it but then I do say that with all of Cassandra Clare's books. I gave it 5/5 stars.









I also read the screenplay for the Fantastic Beasts movie. I was so happy I picked up the same day I saw the movie. It was really interesting reading a script from a film which is something I've never done before. I gave it 5/5 stars and my review for the movie is already up.









I was lucky enough to win an Advanced Reader Copy of History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera through Maximum Pop Books. I didn't plan on reading it this month but I ended up reading it in two days. I will have a review for this book going up in February (it's release date for the UK). This book left me an emotional wreck and I gave it 5/5 stars. I am now dying to pick up More Happy Than Not (also by Adam Silvera)





Then I read Winters' Snow by Carrie Hope Fletcher. This is a On the Other Side novella. I gave it 4/5 stars because of the quality of the book. The cover is made out of cardboard and it just seems a bit flimsy. My review for On the Other Side is already up on here.









I don't have a photo of this book as I don't own it in physical format. I listened to Court of Fives by Kate Elliott. I gave it 2/5 stars. I don't know whether it was the narrator or the actual story, but I did not enjoy this book. I found the narrator very annoying as well as the main character being annoying too. I don't think I'll be picking up the sequels to Court of Fives.

The final book I read in November was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I read the bulk of it in November but finished the last 100 pages on December 1st, so I'm putting it on my November Wrap Up. I gave it 5/5 stars and I will be putting a review up very soon. It's so different to anything I've read before and I loved it so much.








December TBR

I only have one book that wasn't on my December TBR post to include in this post.

I have to read Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy for class. I've read around 250 pages so far and I'm not a huge fan. 












So that concludes my November Wrap Up and part December TBR. Let me know what your plans are for December (reading wise).
Love,
Carenza x