Friday 4 November 2016

October Wrap Up and November TBR| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
So I had a pretty good reading month in October, I managed to read 9 of the 13 books/ short stories I wanted to read. So I'm hoping that this month I have another good reading month as I am on book 50 of my reading challenge so I should complete it.

October Wrap Up

The first thing I read in October was a short story I had to read for class and that was The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. I gave this 3/5 stars. Personally, I am not a fan of poetry and I found this hard to read.










The next book I read was the Fairyloot September book, which was Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter. I gave this 4/5 stars and you can read my review here. I really enjoyed this as it was something different from what I usually read.









The next short story I read was The Signal-Man by Charles Dickens. Again, I wasn't the hugest fan and I gave it 3/5 stars. It was hard to read as it is told through a conversation and you don't know who is saying what.










Then I finally finished Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. I had started this in July and had decided it to put it down as I wasn't enjoying as much as the other two books. I gave this 3.5/5 stars because the ending saved it for me.










After Library of Souls, I read Tales of the Peculiar also by Ransom Riggs. This is a companion novel to the series and was probably my favourite book set in the world. I gave this 5/5 stars and I will be doing a book review for it very soon.









Then I read Testing the Echo by David Edgar for class. I gave this 3/5 stars as I found it very hard to follow and I wasn't that interested in the subject matter. I think it would be better to watch it than to read it.










Then I read the Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. I really didn't enjoy this and ended up giving it 2/5 stars. I had expected it to be spooky like the film of the same title but it was really dull.










 Then I read Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I gave this 4/5 stars as I really enjoyed it. Although it is classed as a YA novel, the content is definitely aimed at adults. It had lots of very detailed footnotes on most pages, which I thought was a nice addition. I can't wait for the other books in the series to come out.








 The final book I read was This Savage Song by VE Schwab. I loved this book so much and gave it 5/5 stars. I'm going to be writing a review on this at some point because I love it and I need to  talk about it.










November TBR


The first book I plan on reading is the book I am currently reading is Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas. I've read around 200 pages and it's slowly growing on me. I have found a lot of similarities between ACOMAF and this book.










The next two books I hope to read are the final books in the Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. I really want to finish this series by the end of the year so I can start some of the other books by Rick Riordan.









The next book I want to read is the Book Thief by Markus Zusak. My best friend bought me this for my birthday and she has been nagging me to read it because she loved it so much.
Next, I want to read The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I saw the movie and I really enjoyed it so I thought I would pick up the book to see how it was different from the movie.











I also I hope that I get to the October Fairyloot book Metaltown by Kristen Simmons. I'm looking forward to reading it as I haven't read much steampunk before.











Next I am hoping to read Winter's Snow by Carrie Hope Fletcher. This is a little companion novel from the same world as On the Other Side, my review is here. I won't talk about it as it spoils On the Other Side.















After that I hope to read An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare. This book is finally available to people who don't live in America and I can't wait for my copy to arrive. My Cassandra Clare collection just keeps on growing, I just need to get my hands on the Tarot cards.













I also hope to read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I'm really excited yet slightly nervous for the release of the movie this month. I'm glad we're getting more from this world but I don't know how I feel about the five movie announcement and that Johnny Deep has a role in movie two.














Finally I hope I can read Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare. I have high hopes for this as I haven't read them in eBook form.
















So that concludes my October Wrap Up and November TBR, leave a comment about your wrap up and TBR.
Love,
Carenza x