Friday 25 November 2016

Classics for December| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

As you already know, I past my Goodreads reading challenge for 2016. I never thought that I would read 50 books and I am slowly approaching 60. But, almost all of these books have been fantasy. While I am a huge fantasy lover, sometimes I need a break. Sometimes I need to challenge myself through my reading.

So as you've probably guessed from the title, I am challenging myself to read only classics in December for my personal reading. I will still have some other books that are not classics to read, but they are for class and I can't neglect my studies. So I have picked 5 books that I consider to be classics/ more adult than what I usually read.

The first book I have chosen is The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. I have owned these books for around 6 or 7 years and I still haven't read them. I love the TV series Sherlock, so I thought it was about time I picked up the book. I have  read one story from the Sherlock Holmes universe and that is The Speckled Band when I was in primary school. It was what inspired me to buy the books, or I should say that my family bought me the books.





The next book I want to read in December is The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick. I started to watch the TV story and I really liked it. While this technically isn't a classic, it is an "adult" book and I have really wanted to read it. I am curious to see how it differs from the TV series.








The next book I want to read is Demelza by Winston Graham. I know that this technically isn't a classic, but it is more adult than I would usually read. I keep on reading inside my comfort zone and it's time I branched out. You guys know I love the TV series and I really enjoyed the first book in the series.








I also want to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I have owned this book for over a year and I think it is time I read it. I've never read an Emily Bronte novel. I don't know much about the story but I am really looking forward to reading it.









Finally, I want to read The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Not only do I want to read this, I have to read it for class. This is the motivation I have needed. I have listened to the Big Finish audio version of this and I liked that, so I figured I should pick up the book.









So that concludes the books I want to read in the month of December. Have you read any of these books? If you have, let me know what you thought of them.
Love,
Carenza x