Wednesday 9 November 2016

Why I Love the Harry Potter Series| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
I am going to be talking about my love for Harry Potter in this blog post. If you've been following my blog or a while, then you will know that I love the Harry Potter series (the books more than the film obviously) and I wanted to share a few reasons why I love this series. I will admit now that Harry Potter is flawed and I plan on doing a blog post about it at some point. This post isn't me talking about how amazing Harry Potter is, it's about what it means to me and how it has played a huge part in my life.

1) It helped get me into reading

I was 6 years old when the final Harry Potter book came out and was still learning to read at that point in my life so it wasn't until I was 7 that I picked the books up. My family said that I wasn't allowed to watch the movies until I had read the books, so I started to read the books. I don't remember reading the first 3 books, but I have two very distinct memories of reading Goblet of Fire. The first is reading the very first chapter in my bedroom with my dad and asking him to explain stuff to me and the other was on a family holiday later that year, listening to the audiobook read by Stephen Fry. I genuinely think that these books got me into reading as a kid as it showed me how there were so many cool and magical worlds for to explore from the comforts of my home.

2) Some characters taught me important life lessons

Characters like Hermione and Luna taught me various things throughout the books. Hermione taught me that it's okay to be smart and and "insufferable know-it-all" if it gets you the grades and gets you to where you need to be in life. She taught me that it's okay to be smart and fierce and independent, that looks aren't everything in life. Luna taught me that it's okay to be myself and that I should ignore what other people think of me. I feel like this is such an important thing to be told as a young child as through out our lives we are torn down for the things we love. That is something that should never have to happen, but it does and Luna taught us that it's okay to enjoy the things we do and be ourselves.

3) I can always find someone to talk to about Harry Potter

I am part of that generation that is the Harry Potter generation. The books and films have come out in my life time. This means that I can always find someone who knows of Harry Potter and I can talk to them about it. They may not be die hard fangirl like me, but I can still talk to them. It's something that can bring people together and start friendships.

So that concludes this very short post about why I love Harry Potter and what it means to me. I hope that you can relate to the points I made.
Love,
Carenza x