Saturday 29 October 2016

Spooky Week 2016| Halloween Party| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Welcome to day 6 of Spooky Week! I can't believe how quickly it's gone! I've had so much fun writing these posts, I hope you guys like them. In this post, I am going to be giving you tips about how to have a fun Halloween Party/ showing you photos of a Halloween Party I had with my parents for fun.

Though this photo does these cute Pumpkin Fairy Lights no justice, I would say an essential at a Halloween Party is themed lights. A lot of places, like supermarkets, sell a wide variety for under £5. The ones here were bought last year from Poundland (I believe).
 I'll be honest, on a recent trip to Waitrose I went a little bit crazy on the Halloween decorations and bought some confetti. It was a small pot filled with pumpkins, ghosts and spiders for £3 and for some reason I needed it. I just think that confetti makes a fun addition to the table.

Firstly, please ignore the hideous curtains. I currently live in rented property and these are not of my choice. But the pumpkin bunting I bought from Waitrose were £2 and I thought they were fun. It allowed my to decorate my place without putting bluetac up (I used the curtain hooks to hold them up). You could always make your own if you are a creative individual.
 This boo balloon thing (not sure how to describe it) is also from Waitrose. It was £3 and didn't need helium. You just used the straw to blow it up and voila! I used bluetac  to stick these to my (my family) bookcase.
I have a whole post coming tomorrow all about my pumpkins. If, like me, you are living in rented property and don't want to use real candles, you can pick up LED ones. I got a pack of 4 from Waitrose for £3.50. This is quite cheap as I was looking on Amazon and they were around £10. I would say that no Halloween Party is complete without a pumpkin or two. Three, in my case.
Obviously at Halloween, you have to have sweets. I don't know where the bowl is from as my parents bought it and it's always been out at Halloween for as long as I can remember.
Marks and Spencers are the best place to buy sweets, they almost always go all out on the Halloween front. They also had Halloween crisps (I didn't get any) and popcorn.
You guys will have already seen my Nightmare Before Christmas Tsum Tsums, but you won't have seen the green ball on top. I bought him from Tescos for £1. The spider cup on the side is from a company called Meri Meri, but I bought it at my local supermarket a few years back. There were 12 in a kit, but we've used 6 over the last 2 years. The Spider mug was from Waitrose and cost me £2. I didn't need these, but I bought it.
Again, like the cups, the napkins were from Meri Meri, they were also purchased around the same time. I didn't get a photo of it but we had some cocktail sticks from the same company with similar designs. The cobweb plates were from my local supermarket. I always love getting fun plates and things like that. They're just something fun and cheap to add to the table. Alternatively, you could decorate your own. I used to love doing this as a kid and would have competitions with my friends.
Firstly, thanks to my mum for taking this photo for me. Secondly, I don't know why I am holding this mug so weirdly,  I promise you I know how to hold a mug. Obviously at a Halloween Party, you got to dress the part. But, for me, the age has passed were I can dress up. So I have settled for this cool t-shirt I found in the mens section at Tesco. It was £5 and it glows in the dark. Also, my mug is empty.
I forgot to get a close up, but we had some Halloween crackers left over from last year. Inside them you got a hat, a joke and a themed toy thing. Also, next to the purple cracker are the cocktail sticks I talked about. We did have more food than this but people were getting hungry, so I thought I should get out of the way.








So that concludes this post, if you have any tips or anything themed, leave a comment. For the final post in Spooky Week, I am going to be doing a photo heavy post all about Pumpkins!
Love,
Carenza x