Friday 28 October 2016

Spooky Week 2016| September Fairyloot Review| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Welcome to day 5 of Spooky Week! Today's post is probably the least spooky as today I an going to be reviewing the contents of the September Fairyloot box. The theme for September was Magic and Mayhem! This post will contain spoilers for this box, so if you don't want to be spoiled I'd advise you don't read.

So this is an overview of the contents. This box was jam packed full of goodies themed around Russian Folklore, the Grisha Trilogy and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.











 This is what the box looks like from the outside. I love how simple and minimalistic it is.
This is what the box looks like when you open it. It is filled with purple paper worms and has this beautiful quote from Neil Gaiman on the front. The quote is from his book Coraline.











Each box comes with a beautifully designed card which has to do with the theme of the box. On the back of the card, it has all the details about what is in the box.











 The book for the September box was Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter, you can read my review here.
This gorgeous book plate was designed by Sarah Porter and she signed it. It adds a bit more magic to this already magical book.
You probably can't see this very well, but Fairyloot emboss their books with their logo. I think it's a really nice touch.












The first item in the box was this Grisha inspired notebook designed exclusively for Fairyloot by litemporium. I have been eyeing up notebooks from their store for a while and I am so glad I finally got my hands on one.










Next we have this exclusive Castle of Fables (a candle etsy store run by the owner of Fairyloot). Again, this is inspired by the Grisha trilogy and I got Materialki, it smells like banana nut bread and I will never burn this as I can't repurchase it.










Then we have this Felix Felicis sticker exclusively designed by Book Otter for this Fairyloot box. I don't think I'll ever be able to decide where to stick it, so I've stuck it up with bluetac on my wardrobe.










Then we have this amazing Second Army print designed by Good Night Kittens. I love this so much and it has definetly started me on my book themed print collection.











Also in the September box we have these exclusive A Darker Shade of Magic badges. They are also designed by Book Otter.












 Next we have this Vassa in the Night bookmark from Behind the Pages. This is also exclusive to this Fairyloot box. I have been dying to get my hands on things from her store but have never got round to it.
This is the other side of the bookmark.














Finally we have this super cute Russian Doll necklace designed by Pastel Clouds Jewelry and is exclusive to Fairyloot. I love this type of necklace and will definitely be getting more like it.










These cool Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom postcards were included as a bonus.















 Fairyloot have upped their game and their books now come wrapped in this cute draw string bags. I now use mine to protect whatever book I am reading while I am travelling and am so glad Fairyloot included these as I was planning on buying a studio pouch.
 Also new to Fairyloot is their Fairyscoop.
 Inside Fairyscoop, their is an exclusive interview with the author. It also has some book recommendations and fun activities on the back.











Also in the box we have this letter, written by Sarah Porter. I personally had trouble reading this as I struggle to read cursive fonts.


Then we have this themed card, if you've read the book then you'll understand what this is.

 Finally we have this little card which tells you about your unique hashtag. It helps you find your reading buddy.
My unique hashtag was #fairyloot2275. I didn't find my reading buddy *insert sad violin music*

So that concludes my September Fairyloot review. I was blown away by the quality and thought that was put into this box. Next month I will be doing a joint review of the October and November boxes.
Love,
Carenza x