Friday 14 October 2016

September Favourites| Its'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

It's that time of the month when I discuss my favourites from the past month. As per usual, they will be split into three categories: Beauty, Books and Bits'n'Bobs. September was quite a hectic month for me as I moved house and started college, but I have been able to try some new things and do some exciting things.

Beauty


















My first favourite in this category has been the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I picked up this huge 500ml bottle and it has hardly gone down. It cools the skin down on a hot day (we're having a very hot Autumn here) and it feels like it is doing something good to the skin. It also removes make-up really easy and doesn't irritate my slightly sensitive skin. I would highly recommend this to you guys as I have been using it most days and I have noticed a difference in my skin.

My next favourite has been my Cherry Me Baby Lips from Maybelline. I bought this almost two years ago and I have used it on off quite regularly. Not only does it nourish the lips and make them feel soft, it smells of cherry and leaves a slight pink tint on the lips which I really like. I'm not a confident lipstick wearer so tinted lip balms have helped me feel a bit more confident when I wear lipstick. I also have the peach scented one which I like when I just want something a bit shinny.

My final favourite in this category are my Body Shop mists. I have been using my mango one quite a lot as it lasts almost all day without top ups. They have very strong scents, but my only fault with these is that the bottles are made out of glass which means they aren't easy to transport in bags (i.e a school bag filled with folders, notebooks and textbooks)

Books


My favourite book that I read in the month of September was On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher, which I will link here. I was lucky enough to meet Carrie at one of her tour stops and get my copy signed. Carrie was a really sweet person and complemented me on my name. I highly recommend you read On The Other Side as it will move you to tears and evoke a whole load of feels.


My other favourite books that I finished was the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, my review of this series will be going up on Wednesday (October 17th). These were super fun books were I learnt lots about Greek mythology, which is something I have been interested in. I am planning the new box-set were the spines make a picture in December as one of those self Christmas presents we all buy ourselves.

Bits'n'Bobs

This is probably the largest Bits'n'Bobs section I have done all year! I have 8 Bits'n'Bobs favourites to tell you about!



My first favourite is my new phone, the iPhone 6S which I got for my birthday. My old phone which I had had since April 2014 wasn't working for me as sometimes I wouldn't get texts or it wouldn't tell me when someone had rung me. So I decided to ask for a new phone for my birthday and my Grandma kindly bought me one. I have given my old phone to my dad and he loves it, so it's a win-win situation.


My next favourite are my Pop Funkos that I got my birthday from my parents. I was lucky enough to get the Hogwarts Express set and I love it so much! It's super detailed and the characters come in the outfits we first see them in which I think is a really nice touch.


Next I am going to talk about Tsum Tsums, my collection post linked here, but I am not going to be talking about the fabric Tsums. I am going to be talking about the Squishy Tsums which I discovered at my local Tesco. They come in sealed white plastic-foil bags so you can't pick which one you get. I have 3 now and they are really cute. They are £2 each, so if you are not interested in the fabric Tsums I would recommend these instead.


My TV favourite of the month has been Poldark series 2. Poldark is based of books of the same name by Winston Graham and were written in the 1940s (don't take me up on that). They follow the life of a man called Ross Poldark who has returned from war in America to find out that his father has died and his cousin is marrying his sweetheart. Series 1 premiered in 2014 and series 2 started on September 4th. I have also been reading the books and recently purchased the official Poldark colouring book.


I have two food favourites, both of which are from different foreign countries. The first are called Bin Bins and are from Thailand. I found these in my local Tescos near the Indian food. They are peanut flavored rice crackers. You get two in each little packet and they make the perfect after school snack when paired with my next favourite.

My next food favourite are Polish Sweets. Again, I found these at my local Tescos in the world food section. There are two types; the first are gummy sweets with dark chocolate coating. They come in 4 flavors: Orange, Lime, Raspberry and Pineapple! My favourite ones are the pineapple ones as I've never had pineapple flavored sweets before. The other types are also gummy sweets but they have slightly gooey centers. I don't know what flavors these come in. They're both really tasty and make the perfect snack.


I have a music favourite and that is Bastille's new album, Wild World. I have been listening to Bastille's music since 2013 and they are my favourite band. Their new album has a slightly different sound and style to their first album. I would recommend that you listen to it, my favourite songs are Good Grief, Warmth, Glory and Send Them Off!


My final favourite for the month of September is the Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children Movie. I was lucky enough to see a preview of the movie on September 29th as part of a charitable event for the National Film Institute. I will link my review here . I gave the movie 4/5 stars and my review explains why.

So that concludes my very long September favourites, please comment your favourites from September in the comments.
Love,
Carenza x