Tuesday 25 October 2016

Spooky Week 2016| Spooky Book Recommendations| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Welcome to day 2 of Spooky Week 2016. In this post I am going to be recommending some spooky books that I think are perfect for this time of year. These are all YA books and are more on the spooky side rather than scary as I am not the hugest fan of scary and I'm sure there are people out there who feel the same. So here are my Spooky Book recommendations!

 Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter is a perfect book for this time of year! To read my review click here. Vassa is based of a Russian fairytale, Vassilisa the Beautiful. It has some spooky moments in it and is a really fun read for this time of year.









 Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares are also perfect books for this time of year. Written by Kendare Blake, the story revolves around a ghost hunter called Cas who encounters the beautiful Anna. These books are definitely the most gruesome on my list as they have a lot of graphic violence, so if you are not a fan of blood and gore, these books are not for you. However to anyone who loves a good ghost book, I would highly recommend the Anna Dressed in Blood duology.




 The Archived by Victoria Schwab is another great book for this time of year. The book is about a girl called Mackenzie (or Mac for short) who helps return the dead to their final resting place and solves why they are coming back more and more often. Again for fans of ghost books, this is the book for you. There is a sequel called the Unbound that I need to get and read.







 The Harry Potter series are great books to read all year round, but I know that I love reading them around this time of year. They fit perfectly with the Halloween vibe and are perfect for all ages. I don't think I need to explain what these books are about as most people have read them.









My final recommendation for Spooky Books are the Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, to read my review click here.
With the movie released last month, these books are perfect to read around Halloween. If you love spooky and quirky books, then these are the books for you. The story revolves around a boy called Jacob who, after his grandfather dies, goes in search of an island in Wales his grandfather told him about.





So those were my Spooky Book recommendations, if you have any other books to recommend, please leave a comment! If you are looking for spooky films, then come back tomorrow and I will be recommending some of my favourite spooky films.
Love,
Carenza x