Monday 12 December 2016

Book Review Monday- An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and Illustrated by Cassandra Jean| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
For this Book Review Monday, I am going to be Reviewing An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare which was illustrated by Cassandra Jean. This came out in the UK in November and I read it shortly after it's release. This review is shorter than my average Book Review Monday, as I am running out of books I have read recently to review. If you have any books you would like to see reviews for, let me know.


An Illustrated History of  Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and Illustrations by Cassandra Jean- Contains Spoilers

Cover Chat

This is the hardcover version and I love how stunning the cover is. I do prefer the American version, but this is still super pretty. I like how it looks old fashioned and something that the Shadowhunters would have in the library at one of the institutes.









Plot

The premise of this book is to give each of Cassandra Clare's character's from all of her Shadowhunter series little profiles. This book is told through the language of flowers, which means each character has a flower that describes them. It is split into sections, so you can choose to read just the TMI section or which section you want to read.

Opinions

I really enjoyed this book. I had been dying to get my hands on it since February as it was only available in America. The concept is really interesting as it lets you know more about some of your favourite characters in more detail. When Lord of Shadows comes out, I'm going to be using this book to help me remember which character is which. Below is one of Cassandra Jean's illustrations. It took me ages to find one that didn't belong to someone or had text over it.


So that concludes my very short review of An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare. I hope you enjoyed this review and leave your thoughts in the comments.
Love,
Carenza x