Wednesday 7 December 2016

Christmas Gift Guide for Book Lovers| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
It's that time of year were we are in a hurry to buy our friends and family Christmas presents. We all know the struggle and the stress of not knowing what to get someone, so I thought I would try to help. As you can see by the title, this is for Book Lovers so if you have a Book Lover friend or family member, then maybe this post will help you.

Books

Now this may be a pretty obvious one for a book lover, but trust me, they will be happy to add books to their shelves (I know I am). If you know there is a book they've been dying to read, why not get it them? Or if you have no idea what to get them, pop into Waterstones (or your book shop of choice) and browse with them. Keep an eye on what they pick up and get excited about, then when there not around get them that book. I've done this with a few of my friends and it has made Christmas shopping a lot easier. If you want a safe option, get them a gift card and let them pick. I know some people think gift cards are unoriginal presents, but it means you won't go wrong and that they get a fun shopping trip. My friends in the past have gotten me gift cards and I've had loads of fun shopping for books.


Bookmarks

If they are going to be doing lots of reading, then they will definitely need a book mark or two. You could chose to get creative and make them a bookmark. This is something I would love to receive as it's personal and unique to that person. If you're not feeling artistic, then there are loads of amazing bookmarks you can buy from places like Etsy. I'm going to link two of my favourite stores for bookmarks:
Happy Hello Art  is one of my favourite Etsy stores. They sell the cutest magnet bookmarks and if you follow me on Instagram (shameless self-promo, follow me @itscarenzab) then you will have seen my ever growing collection. They have a wide range of characters and designs available. Shipping isn't too bad (for the UK, I don't know about other countries) and they tend to arrive after a week or two. 
Behind the Pages is also amazing company for bookmarks. They do sell prints, lip balms and soaps too. I have a bookmark of there's from the September Fairyloot Box and it is one of the prettiest bookmarks I own. 

Book Themed Candles

Book Themed Candles are always super popular with BookWorms. I've started a very small collection this year and I know that it is going to grow. I'm going to link some of my favourite brands for candles:
Meraki Candles  is a Scottish based candle company that sell a wide range of candles. I discovered them through Fairyloot and since then I have bought two more of there candles. They are very well priced, it's £8.95 for a candle (which is large) and around £2.99 for shipping. They also sell mini candles and have good offers like buy one get one half price. 
From the Page is a company I've always wanted to buy from but have never been able to afford their shipping as it is an American based company. If you live in America, this company might be for you and they sell a range of candle type things (I don't know how to describe it). But they sell wax melts and roll on perfumes too.
The Melting Library  is another American candle company. I would love to get my hands on one of their candles but they are so expensive (shipping wise). But like From the Page they have a wide variety of scents and products.

Homeware

As a BookWorm I can say that I love bookish themed items for my bedroom. There's a huge variety of products you can choose from such as mugs, pillows and cushions, prints and blankets. There is also a huge range of designs to choose from. I'll link some of my favourite places to buy from:
Bookwormboutique I have a mug from this company and it is one of my favourite bookish items I own. They have such amazing designs which features a lot of typography which is something I love. I'm sure you'll be able to find something for the BookWorm in your life
Evie Bookish is another amazing company. They have some truly beautiful designs on their shop and at some point I hope to add some to my collection. 

Get Creative

Like I mentioned in the first point, you can always get creative. This is something they will really appreciate and can often be cheaper than some of my other options. If you have seen something you think that they will like but it's a bit on the steep side price wise, you can always try and recreate it. It may not turn out to be identical, but it's the thought that counts.

So there are five ideas for BookWorms this Christmas. If you have anymore ideas, leave them in the comments and I'm sure you'll be able to find something for them.
Love,
Carenza x