Monday 27 April 2020

Feel Good Movies and TV Shows to Watch Right Now| Carenza Bramwell

Welcome to my final post on things to do during lockdown. I've decided to stop writing these posts for a few reasons. Firstly, I've found that they've become quite repetitive and are draining me creatively. They aren't what I'd usually write about. Secondly, I'd like my blog to be a safe space, free from the troubles happening in the world. I hope you've enjoyed the content I've been posting, but from now on my blog will be back to more bookish and creative content like it used to be. 

In today's post, I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite feel good movies and tv shows to watch at the moment. Recently, I've been getting more into films and tv shows to the point where I've watched more things than I've read books this year. These are my go to watches when I need a pick me up and want to feel good.

Movies


Many of the entries on these two lists will not come as a surprise to long time readers of mine as they are favourites of mine. Therefore, it is not a surprise that the first film on this list is my favourite film, Lady Bird. I have watched Lady Bird twice in 2020 and watched snippets multiple times. Set in 2003, it tells the story of seventeen year old Lady Bird and her need to escape her hometown of Sacramento, California. Watching it will make you feel fuzzy and fall in love with Greta Gerwig (writer/director) and lead actress Saoirse Ronan. 

You can never go wrong with a classic movie franchise such as Harry Potter when you need a feel good movie to watch. I recently rewatched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the first time in a few years. It just made me feel so happy to be back in this world again. Other franchises I would suggest are the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit and MCU. 

Recently added to Netflix in the UK, My Neighbour Totoro is one of my favourite films. There is also bunch of other Studio Ghibli films on there too. My Neighbour Totoro holds a special place in my heart as it was one of the first Studio Ghibli films I watched. This one has particular good feels as who wouldn't love for Totoro to visit, since he (I think it's a he?) is such a big fluff ball and he makes trees grow. 

Finally, a film I used to watch a lot when I was younger is Juno. It's a classic teen comedy. Juno finds out she is pregnant after sleeping with her crush. It then tells the story as she goes through the process of finding adoptive parents for her unborn child. I don't know why I love this film so much, but it's so simple and sweet, you can't help but love it.  

TV

Again, long time readers of mine will not be surprised to see Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the top of this list as it might be my favourite TV show of all time. I have watched an unhealthy amount of Brooklyn Nine-Nine in the past few months. The episodes are twenty minutes long and I do really enjoy police/cop stories. Season five is and will always be my favourite season. I've just finished rewatching season one and I'm buzzing to start season two.

The next entry is actually the only one on this list that I haven't watched all of and that is Final Space. I've nearly finished the first season, but like B99, the episodes are twenty minutes long and it's a fun cartoon set in space. I can't wait to see how this story continues. 

A classic that never fails to liven my spirits is Miranda. I've watched this more times than I care to admit, but it is a classic and essential British comedy. The central character is so chaotic it's hard not to love her. 

Lastly, another favourite of mine, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. If you're looking for something a bit more fantastical with sci-fi elements, then I'd highly recommend this. It's hard to put into words what it's about, so I would suggest watching the trailer for it. I'm still gutted that it got cancelled before it could have a proper ending. 
 
So those are some of my go to feel good watches if you're needing a pick me up or something new to watch.
Carenza :) x