Thursday 31 October 2019

My Favourite Things About Halloween| CarenzaOnBooks

Happy Halloween!
I've made it no secret on here how much I love Halloween and I was desperate to write a Halloween themed post, so I thought I would share with you guys my favourite things about Halloween!

Decorations

By now, it's no surprise how much I love decorating for Halloween. Last year, I bought some cheap Halloween decorations and decorated my uni flat. This year, I reused the same decorations and decorated my house on October 1st. It brings me such joy to be walking around and see the little decorations I bought. I spent £5, so it isn't that you have to splash out and buy lots of things. I've always been a fan of adding something a bit extra at various seasonal occasions. Plus, all the Halloween decorations are a really nice shade of orange and are on the cute side, so it just makes me very happy. 
   

Fun Food

In the past few years, I have become an absolute sucker (pun intended) for seasonal food. More and more shops are getting on board with this. I know that this year, M&S have lots of Halloween inspired food. Who doesn't love crisps in the shape of fangs? It's cheesy, but I can't help myself. As I'm away from home for Halloween this year, my parents have stocked up on some Halloween inspired food and we're going to celebrate Halloween when I go home. 

Having a Reason to Celebrate

With how busy I've been and how stressed I've been (so stressed), this year I am desperate to have a night off and have a bit of fun. This year I am going to a friends house, and we're going to have a chilled Halloween celebration. With the way things have been this year, sometimes you just need an excuse to let steam off. Halloween has always been a reason to celebrate in my household and I have no intentions of stopping that any time soon. 

Spookiness

I'm not sure how to phrase this, but I am a fan of how spooky it is at this time of year. I don't like horror or paranormal, but low level spookiness is good. Think Buffy, Nightmare Before Christmas, that kind of level of spookiness. I like it when it's dark and there's a bit of mist in the air. It's just a really nice vibe.  

Hanging Out and Doing Halloween Things

Again, this is one I'm not sure how to phrase, but I have such good memories to do with Halloween. Most recently, me and two of the people I live with bought pumpkins and carved them. It was really fun just walking to get the pumpkins and getting home to carve them. They looked so good and it's a memory I will cherish for the rest of my life. I also used to have loads of Halloween parties as a kid and I have so many good memories because of it. Just spending time with people I care about and doing loads of fun activities, I wouldn't change anything about it. 
 
I'm going to link you guys to a very old blog post of mine, but this is what Halloween looks like to me. Sadly, I don't have any photos of all the cool Halloween food.
Carenza :) x