Thursday 3 October 2019

September Favourites 2019| CarenzaOnBooks

I thought I'd do a little blast from the past and bring back my favourite posts. I used to love doing these, but then they got a bit repetitive, so I'm going to bring them back on a temporary run. Like always, they're going to include books, culture and bits'n'bobs.

 Books


Hands down my favourite book of September was Radio Silence. I have a review of this book if you are interested in learning my more in-depth thoughts. It's about friendship and fandoms and what life has to offer you. It also features a boy-girl friendship that doesn't develop into a romance and some great LGBT characters. Alice Oseman is an incredibly gifted writer and I'm very excited to see more of what she creates. 

Culture

This is kind of an odd one but I've been listening to a lot more music and I've also started listening to audiobooks when I know I've got a long walk ahead of me. I've got some playlists that I love playing. These include my Mad Musical playlist with all my favourite musicals on (Six, Hamilton and Book of Mormon to name a few) and my Indie Bands- needs a better name, haven't thought of one yet. This playlist currently includes Ezra Furman, Panic! At The Disco and Bastille to also name a few. I finished listening to the audiobook for Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. I am so happy I have finally read this series and will be listening to more of Laini's books in the near future. I am currently listening to (at the time of writing this) How To Build a Girl by Catlin Moran. Not sure about the story, but it's read by Louise Brealey (she played Molly Hooper in Sherlock) and she's fantastic as a narrator.

I finally watched Call Me By Your Name and it was amazing! It was (almost) everything I wanted in the adaptation. It has made me very excited for the sequel coming out this month. It was beautifully shot, the music was incredible (I need to buy the soundtrack) and the performances were stunning. I loved Elio and Oliver in this adaptation. I just want to watch it again and cry about how amazing it was. Thank God they finally put it on Netflix.  

Bits'n'Bobs 



Quite possibly my favourite "thing" I have acquired recently is my Catbus plush that my parents got me for my birthday last month. I'd only ever seen it available in Japan and was very surprised when they got it for me. To put it simply, I find it cute and to expand, I find it very cute. It made me fall in love with Studio Ghibli all over again. I like waking up every morning and looking at it. It always cheers me up.