Saturday 2 November 2019

October Favourites 2019| CarenzaOnBooks

I can't believe that we're into the penultimate month of the year. Can time please slow down? My life is flashing before my eyes. With another month ended, that means it's favourites time. Here are my favourites for the month of October.

Books 


The book I have loved the most this month has been Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin. I genuinely can't remember the last time I fell in love with a book the way I have for Serpent and Dove. I saw lots of hype around it and the summary sounded really interesting. The characters were so good. The story was so good. I am actually dying waiting for the sequel. I am very tempted to reread it at some point because I loved it that much. If you are looking for a book about witches, then look no further. Also the characters are super sassy and relatable. I don't think I can find a single thing I disliked about this book and will be thinking about it for the rest of my days. 

Culture

I have a lot of TV favourites this month. The first one is Catastrophe. It had been on my radar for a while, and as it was on Amazon Prime, I watched all 4 seasons. I thought it was really funny and charming. It has become one of my favourite TV shows and I will have to watch it again at some point. My next TV show favourite is one I have watched more times than I care to admit, but I do love Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Although season six was not my favourite, the other five never fail to put me in a good mood and make my day better. I cannot imagine my life without Brooklyn Nine-Nine anymore and I hate myself for it taking me so long to watch it. Something I am slowly making my way through it Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I'm hoping to finish season seven by the end of the year. Buffy is an idol and I adore Spike. Once I've finished watching it, I will have to continue with Angel.  

My only non-TV culture favourite was a play I saw at the Bristol Old Vic. I saw Cyrano in it's opening weeks and I'm really glad I saw it. Despite how bad the seat was, the play was really good and funny. The ending was sad, but wasn't as sad as I was expecting it to be. If you're in Bristol, I'd highly recommend the production.  


Bits'n'Bobs


I have some random bits'n'bobs favourites this month. I'm not sure how to describe them, but in a market in Bristol I got these two tiny wooden creatures. Ones a guinea pig and the others a hedgehog. They were so tiny I couldn't not get them. I may have to get more in the future because they're friggin adorable. 

Recently I've been burning a lot of candles. I bought one from a company called Our Own Candle Company and it's really good quality. I may have to get some more from them at a later date as I like the one I have at the moment. Because it's been getting dark early, it's been nice to work with a candle burning in the background. I have a box of candles waiting to be burnt as I accumulated a lot when I was getting my Fairyloot boxes. 

This is probably a bit of a weird favourite, but I've been using my iPad a lot more recently. I've been using it for my lectures and I forgot how good it is. I hate taking my laptop as it's big and heavy, but my iPad is so easy to chuck in my bag and use. I'm so annoyed I didn't think about using it earlier.