Friday 3 February 2017

January Wrap Up and February TBR 2017| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

It's time for my first wrap up and tbr of the year. My reading year didn't get off to the best start as I only read 5 books. I had hoped to get to more, but I ended up being ill and too busy with college stuff. I am hoping to get more reading done in February.

January Wrap Up

I read two fantasy books in January. The first was The Paper Magician by Charlie N Holmberg, click here to read my review. I gave The Paper Magician 4/5 stars. I really enjoyed it, but I did find some of it really cliche. The other fantasy book I read was Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I will have review up for this soon. I gave it 3.5 or 4/5 stars because the pacing in places felt a bit off.






 I read the script for Lazarus the Musical by David Bowie and Enda Walsh. I was lucky enough to get to go and see this in London. I gave the script 4/5 stars. I am going to be talking more about Lazarus in my January favourites post next week.









The other two books I read in January were for a college project and they were both about school shootings. The first was We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver, click here to read my review. I gave it 5/5 stars. I absolutely loved it and would highly recommend it. The other book I read was This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp, click here to read my review. I gave This Is Where It Ends 3/5 stars as I found it quite problematic, however I did like the diversity included in this book.




February TBR

The first two books on my TBR are contemporaries. The first is Silence is Goldfish by Annabel Pitcher, I have read her other two books and I really liked them, so I'm hoping that I will enjoy this one. The other one I want to read is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I have wanted to read this book ever since the movie came out and I finally picked it up.







The next two books I want to read are fantasy. I've actually all ready finished Wayfarer as I started it in January. I gave it 4.5/5 stars and I will be reviewing it straight after Passenger. The other book I want to read is The Unbound. I read The Archived back in July and kept on forgetting to get the sequel. My parents bought me the sequel for Christmas and I can't wait to read it.







 Two random books I want to read are Demelza by Winston Graham. It's the second book in the Poldark series and I read the first, Ross, back in September. I received books three and four in the series for Christmas and I really want to read them, but I need to read book two first. The other book I want to read is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I picked this up in a charity shop as it was only £1. I really enjoyed the Gone Girl movie and I'm hoping to read Gone Girl soon too.





 The final two books I have photos of are 2017 releases. The first is Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I received this in a subscription box (not going to spoil which one in case some people haven't gotten the box). I've started reading it and I am really liking it. I can see why there is so much hype around this book. The other 2017 release is Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth. I've heard lots of controversy surrounding this book, but I am going to go into with an open eye.





The other books I want to read I don't have photos of. The first is The Crowns Game by Evelyn Skye. This is a fantasy book set in Russia and I'm reading this to help me understand a bit about Russia as I'm studying Russian History. What I've read so far has been really good.

The other fantasy book I want to read I don't have yet as it has only just come out and it is Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton. I read Rebel of the Sands last year and I loved it. My copy hasn't arrived yet as I ordered it from Forbidden Planet so I got a signed copy.

The final book I'm hoping to read is War of the Worlds by HG Wells. I have to read this one of my classes and I think I'll really enjoy it.

So that concludes my wrap up and tbr. Let me know some of the books you read or want to read.
Love,
Carenza x