Saturday 8 April 2017

March Wrap Up 2017| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

In March I had my best reading month so far as I read 10 books! I read a lot for college, but I also read 4 short stories which is why I read so much. I don't think I'm going to have as good a reading month this month as I'm going to be busy. Like my last wrap up, I won't be mentioning spoilers for any of the books I read.

March Wrap Up

I only read one fantasy book in March and that was The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I have a review of this, so I won't go into too much detail. I gave TBS 3/5 stars as I wasn't the biggest fan of this book. I found the pacing really slow. 









Then I read this amazing contemporary which I had heard nothing but good things about. I gave this 5/5 stars, but I did have some problems which I will discuss in  my review. I found that I had lots in common with the main character.










This is one of four scripts I read in March for my Creative Writing. If you follow me on Instagram, then this is the play I went and saw three times (I'll be talking more about this in my favourites post). I gave the script 5/5 stars as I loved the play so much.

I read three other scripts which I don't have photos of and they were:
Love by Alexander Zeldin (5/5 stars)
La Ronde by Max Gill (5/5 stars)
Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen, adapted by Patrick Marber (4/5 stars).


In March it was World Book Day and in the UK you can get short stories for £1. I bought two and read both of them. The first was Island by David Almond, which I gave 3/5 stars. The other was Dead of Night by Michael Grant which I gave 2/5 stars. I gave both of these books low ratings as I feel that I am getting too old for the "older readers" category in the World Book Day books. If I had been younger, I think I would have enjoyed them more.





The final two books I read I don't have photos of as I don't own copies of them. The first was Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, which I have a review for. I gave Stargirl 2/5 stars as I found it to be a harmful book and was not a fan of the subject matter. The other book was Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf which I read for class. I also gave this 2/5 stars as I found it really hard to follow because of the writing style.

So that concludes my March Wrap Up. I also started a bunch of books which I plan on finishing this month. Let me know some of the books you read in March.
Love,
Carenza x