Friday 10 February 2017

January 2017 Favourites| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

It's time to discuss all the bookish, cultural and random things I loved in January. There were loads of things I loved last month and I can't wait to discuss them.

Books

My favourite book that I read in January was We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. You can read my review here. This was really different from anything I've read before and raises some really important issues.








 
My favourite purchase in January was this gorgeous edition of the Complete Sherlock Holmes. I got this from the National Portrait Gallery in London. This is my second Barnes and Nobles classics and I will definitely be purchasing more of them. 









Culture

My first cultural favourite is La La Land. I'm sure you guys will have heard loads about La La Land as everyone seems to be talking about it. It was a really different take on a musical. The songs were really catchy, I still have City of Stars stuck in my head. 

My next favourite is Sherlock series 4. While series 4 wasn't my favourite, it was still amazing.The story line was very different from the previous series. The characters were also really well developed. I really hope that it isn't the final series as I love Sherlock.

Another film I saw in January was A Monster Calls, to read my review click here. I genuinely sat in the cinema and cried. The animation and cinematography was beautiful. It was one of the most accurate book-to-film adaptations I have seen.

I have a theater favourite and that is Lazarus. Lazarus was the musical David Bowie produced before his death. The soundtrack is amazing, I highly recommend. While I really enjoyed it, the seating arrangement was awful. At certain times I couldn't see the far corners of the stage. I also  struggled to see over the people in front of me as the seats weren't steep enough. 

My travel related favourite was visiting the Harry Potter Tour near London for the first time. It was like the inner 5 year old was going crazy. While it is expensive. it is totally worth the money. I went with my college so I won't be talking about my experience in too much detail, but I am hoping to go again this year. I did buy a lot of things and I got to ride a broomstick!







My first musical favourite is Hamilton. I finally listened to the soundtrack and it is as amazing as everyone says. My favourite song is You'll Be Back. I can't wait to see it next January (2018).











My final cultural favourite is the Poldark soundtrack. My parents got me this for Christmas and I have been listening to it loads. It has a lot of calming piano pieces.











Bits'n'Bobs

My first Bits'n'Bobs favourite is this notebook in the shape of a C. As you guys know, my name starts with a C and I can never find anything with a C on it. I thought that this was really cool and a bit different, plus it has cats on it. Do I need to say anymore? This is from a company called Alphabooks. I bought mine in the National Portrait Gallery.







My next favourite is this cool copper lamp that I got from my parents for Christmas. I have been using this a lot on my Instagram and I love how cool and unique it is.











My final favourite is all the stuff I bought from the Harry Potter studio tour. While it was expensive, I loved every single thing I bought. If you are wondering what card I got, it was Rowena Ravenclaw.










So that concludes my very large January favourites, let me know what some of your favourites were.
Love,
Carenza x