Thursday 27 February 2020

Outgrowing "CarenzaOnBooks"- Why I Changed My Blog Name| Carenza Bramwell

If you have been following my blog since it began almost five years ago, then you will know that it has undergone two name changes already. Recently, I made the decision to change my blog's name to just my name and I thought I would explain why in this post. 

Books Still Interest Me

I feel that I should start with the fact that books are still a massive part of my life. I am still an avid reader and collector of books. This isn't something that is going to change over night. However, I wanted my blog to reflect all my interests, something that I'll explain in a later section of this post. I feel that by having books in the title it limited me to one style of content. It became very narrowing as a writer to just talk about books. I want to be able to talk freely on my blog about anything that takes my fancy. This is part of the reason why I have changed the name to just my name. 

Reflect My Interests

As I mentioned in the previous section, I want my blog to reflect my interests as a whole. While books are undeniably a huge part of my life, there are so many more of my interests that I want to share as well. I love talking about movies, TV shows and the theatre. I also want to write about my experience as a student while I'm still a student. Travel is something that I want to talk about as well. By having "OnBooks" in the name, it felt like I could only talk about books and it reached a point where I was feeling creatively uninspired having to talk about books all the time. I also felt that I was recycling the same posts over and over. I will continue to share some of the "old" style blog posts such as Wrap Ups and so on, but I want to branch out into slightly different content. 

Putting Myself in One Box

This might sound like I'm repeating myself at this point, but something that is really important to me is that I don't stick myself in one box when it comes to me and my content. I don't want to be like "oh, this is Carenza, she only likes books". As I've already said, there is so much more to me than books and I want to share that with the world. Making this decision was really easy and I'm so happy that I was able to branch away.

What Does This Mean?

Nothing major is changing, I'm still going to be blogging. The only thing that is changing is my content will now cover a wider range of topics. I would like to think of myself as a "culture" blogger now. I'll still talk about books, but I'll talk about creative issues, different medias (TV, Movie, Theatre etc) and so much more. 
Carenza :) x