Saturday 29 February 2020

Before I Turn 20| Carenza Bramwell

As I'm writing and posting this, it is 6 months until my 20th birthday. I'll no longer be a teenager and I'll have to be a proper adult. In todays post, I am going to share with you guys five things I want to do before I turn 20. Once I have turned 20, I will write a follow up post about if I have completed those five things. I am splitting this into three categories and they are work, personal and university.

Work

One of my goals of things I want to do before I turn 20 is gain some experience in the creative industries. As I do a creative writing degree, it probably doesn't come as a surprise that I want to work in the creative sector. When it comes to this goal, I just want to gain a small amount of experience. Even if this is volunteer experience, any experience is better than no experience.

 I also want to work fully on one of my own projects as a part of this goal. I'm not expecting by the time I turn 20 to have a TV deal with Netflix, just to be on the way to achieving that goal. 

Personal

One of my biggest goals is to do some solo travelling. I might potentially be going inter-railing this summer, however, if that doesn't work, I'd like to do some solo travelling within the UK. I've always wanted to visit Ireland so I might just hop on a ferry and head over there for a week. I haven't done many solo trips beyond visiting London by myself a few times and I want to take that a bit further.

Another goal is to experience living by myself for a bit. I am planning on staying in my university accommodation in Bristol over the summer and most of the people I live with are moving home for the summer, meaning I will be the only on here for the majority of the summer. This ties into moving out once I've graduated and having some experience by myself would be great. 

University

A big goal for this year is to finish my second year of uni with a solid 2:1 grade. I've spoken about this a lot, but my health hasn't been great this academic year and has sadly been getting in the way of how I live my everyday life. If I can finish this year with a solid 2:1, I will be over the moon.

Those are some of the goals I have and want to achieve before I turn 20. I've got six months to achieve them and as I've already said, I will be making an update to this post once I've actually turned 20.
Carenza :) x