Sunday 1 January 2017

New Years Resolutions for 2017| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Happy New Year! 2016 is finally over and this means that there is now another chance to do the things that you said you would do. I can safely say that I failed my 20116 resolutions, but I plan to be more successful in 2017. I 7 resolutions I want to focus on in 2017, but I have some other things I am going to focus on which I am going to list as well.

New Years Resolutions


1) Learn To Balance Work and Play

For the whole of 2017, I am still going to be in full time education. This means that I learn that I am going to have to learn to balance my school life and my personal life. I started to get good at this towards the end of 2016. My personal life is a bit all over the place, with having to travel between two houses frequently and keeping up with reading and blogging. I also have coursework starting in January and major exams in May, so I am going to be quite busy this year.

2) Read More Than One Genre A Month

In 2016 I read mostly fantasy. While I love fantasy, I do want to branch out. I want to start reading more sci fi as well as more adult books like classics. I received some biographies for Christmas, so I am hoping I can read more books that are out of my comfort zone.

3) Improve Fitness

This is a resolution that I set myself last year and this year I intend to see it through. I am fed up with feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I always feel very self conscious around others. I also want to improve it to prevent ill health in later life.

4) Be Happy

I haven't ever spoken about my mental health on here, but in 2016 I really struggled with happiness. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but there were periods were I would feel happy or sad. I want to focus on my mental health in 2017. This does time in with learning to balance work and fun.

5) Be Organised

This is something that I improved in 2016 as in April I started bullet journaling. This has changed my life. I have become so much more productive as it helps me keep on track. I plan to start organising my revision to make it more efficient. I also want to become organised to help reduce my TBR. I also want to start writing blog posts in advance. Towards the end of 2016, I would write the blog post on the day it was suppose to be posted and I found this very stressful. I plan to start writing posts in advance, as well as taking photos in advance.

6) Join In More

I am someone who is very happy to sit at the back of the room and not join in, but this is something I want to change. I very rarely contribute in class and I want to become more involved in the book community. I feel that this will help me to grow as a person.

7) Have Fun

I want to make 2017 the best year it can be. I want to travel a bit and explore the area I live in. I want to have fun with my family and make lots of memories. I just want to have a year that I can smile at.

Two Things I Want To Focus On

If you have also read my reflection post, then you will know that I want to focus on my mental health and family in 2017. My mental health was all over the place in 2016 and I really want to improve it. I hated feeling so sad and empty all the time last year, I don't want to let 2017 be the same. I want to focus on my family as my family means the world to me. My parents are amazing and very supportive. They have done so much for me and I want to start giving back to them.

The Little Things

Every year I always forget the little things I want to change and they are as equally important as the big things. Here is a list of the little things:
  • Complete my exams
  • Get good grades in my exams and courses
  • Move back with my family
  • Go to a few bookish events
  • Go to YALC in London
  • Grow as a person
  • Finnish writing the stories I've started
  • Be more involved in the book community
  • Take more photos- more photos that aren't of books
  • Cuddle my cat every time I come home to see him
  • Drink more water
  • Explore new places
  • Travel around the country
  • Stop putting things off that I don't want to do
So those are my New Years Resolutions for 2017. I hope that you all have an amazing 2017. Just a quick reminder that my update posts will be posted every 3 months rather than every month. In this posts I will keep you updated with how things are going.
Love,
Carenza x