Friday 6 January 2017

Best of Books 2016| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Welcome to the first post in a 3 part series called "Best of 2016". I did this last year for 2015 and really enjoyed it, so I thought I would do it again. Just a quick note- while I am writing this, I am very ill, so it may not be as fluent as some of my other posts.

In this post I will be talking about my favourite books that were published in 2016. I have picked 6 books that I love and were published last year. They are in no particular order other than the order I took photos of them.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas


 While I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about this book, I loved it. ACOMAF completely hooked me in and I read this beast of a book in 3 days. I loved the pace and the world building of this book. I cannot wait for the sequel A Court of Wings and Ruin to come out in May this year. ACOMAF is one of my most prized books as this copy is a US hardback that Sarah signed and personalized to me. My parents got me this with help of a friend of my dad's who lives in America. You can read my review here.




The next book on my list is the screenplay for the Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them movie. I knew that at least one JK Rowling book would have to make it on to this list and I chose this one over Cursed Child because I preferred it. I was happy that I could read the script of the film and be able to refer to scenes better. I loved that I could see how JK Rowling had written such a good script. You can read my review of the film here.  





Next is a book I don't talk enough about on here and that is Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I picked up this book not really knowing what it was about and it was one of the best reading choices I made. Rebel of the Sands is like nothing I've read and I am dying for the sequel Traitor to the Throne to come out this year.







Another book I don't talk about enough is Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin. I bought this on the same trip as Rebel of the Sands and fell in love with it too. I would describe it as a YA version of the Man in the High Castle, which is a book I haven't read but I have watched part of the TV series.  It was so well written and I need to pick up the sequel Blood for Blood, which is already out.






In 2016 I discovered VE Schwab's books and she has become one of my favourite authors. This Savage Song was such an amazing book about what it is to be human. I would highly recommend this. Our Dark Duet, which is the sequel, comes out later this year.









My final choice is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I would have to say that this is my favourite book of 2016. It was so emotional and moving, as well as behind funny. I need the sequel, Lord of Shadows now. You can read my review here.









So that concludes my Best of Books for 2016. Let me know some of your favourite books. The next post in my Best of Series will be going up next Friday.
Love,
Carenza x