Friday 27 January 2017

Say No To Spoilers| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

So this post is a mini rant that I started on my Instagram. Recently, I have noticed an increase in photos of people posting spoilers for subscription boxes. In this post I am going to be expanding on what I said on my Instagram as I'm hoping that more people will read this.

Spoiling other people is not okay. Whether it is for a book, a TV series, a film or something completely different, spoiling others will never be okay. Just imagine that it is you that have been spoiled. How would you feel? If you don't want something to happen to you, don't do it to others. It is as simple as that.

I completely understand the excitement people feel when they get there subscription boxes, I have been there and done that myself. But I know what I did was wrong. When I get my subscription box, I wait a few weeks before I even think about posting an unboxing out of consideration for others.

It's the lack of consideration that annoys me the most. All you have to do is wait a few weeks before posting your photos. It also doesn't help that the companies that run the subscription service retweet or like the posts that contain spoilers. I thought that they would have understand that people hate being spoiled.

If you want to post a photo that contains spoilers, make sure you mention that it contains spoilers as some people have to wait to get their boxes and would quite like to remain spoiler free. I know quite a few people who post unboxings on their Instagram stories who mention that it will contain spoilers.

The main theme for this post is to think before you post and have some consideration for others in the community. I'm hoping that after I've posted this, the amount of spoiler related photos will decrease. If you have any thoughts on preventing spoilers or posting photos with spoilers in, please leave a comment.
Love,
Carenza  x