Wednesday 18 January 2017

How to Bookworm #4- Getting Involved| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

Welcome to the fourth post in my How to Bookworm series! I hope you guys have been enjoying the other posts in this series. At the moment, I only have two more planned, but if you have any suggestions- please let me know.

In this post, I am going to talk about participation and getting involved in the book community. There are loads of different ways to get involved in the book community and I'm sure they'll be ways that I don't know, but here are a few of my favourite ways to get involved in the community.

Read-A-Thons

Read-A-Thons are my favourite way to get involved in the book community as lots of bookworms gather together to read a book/ books. I often see lots of great read-a-thons happening and wish that I could participate, but I always end up forgetting about them. Taking part in a read-a-thon is really fun as you can make new friends because you are reading the same book/books. 

I know at the moment that some Bookstagrammers are hosting a Bone Season read-a-thon in preparation for the third book coming out in March. They have set dates to read certain chapters by and host weekly (I think) Twitter chats about it.

Another amazing read-a-thon is the Biannual Bibliothon which is hosted by a bunch of amazing BookTubers. The amazing thing about this read-a-thon is that you don't have to be a BookTuber to part take. They set 7 reading challenges, one of which is a group challenge, and you get to pick which books you read. The next one is in July.

At the moment, I hope that I can host my own read-a-thon from July to September re-reading the Harry Potter books as I haven't read them in a while.

Monthly Photo Challenges

I know a lot of people who like to enter monthly photo challenges on Bookstagram as you get a great sense of community. There are always photo challenges going on and more often than not, there are loads of different ones to enter. It allows you to be creative, while receiving prompts. I took part in one in December and had loads of fun. 

Reading Groups

My final favourite way to get involved in the book community is through reading groups. If there is a certain genre you are interested in, there is probably a reading group for it on GoodReads. A lot of BookTubers and Bookstagrammers have reading groups. They'll pick a book and a date to read it by and then have a discussion. I have yet to take part in one of these, but I know there are loads of amazing ones out there.

So that is it for this blog post, I hope you guys liked it. If  you have anyways to get involved in the book community that I missed, please leave a comment.
Love,
Carenza x