Friday 27 January 2017

A Monster Calls Movie Review| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

So on January 19th, I went and saw the movie adaptation of A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I loved it so much, I thought I would review it for you guys. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, you won't be able to read this review as I am going to be discussing spoilers.

A Monster Calls Movie Review- Contains Spoilers

Poster Review

I really like this poster as it is quite simple but it is also quite powerful.















Opinions

This was probably one of the best book-movie adaptations I have ever seen. It does help that Patrick Ness, who wrote the book, wrote the script for the movie. It kept all the important parts of the story and made you feel as though you are part of the story. While it was a good adaptation, as a bookworm I want every single detail from the book, so I was a bit sad that Connor's friend from the book wasn't included in the film.

The movie was just as emotional as the book. I genuinely sat in the cinema and cried at the end of the film. Not once, but twice. I think I was the only one crying in the cinema. Even though I knew Connor's mum was going to die, I still cried.

The cinematography was really beautiful and the special effects were amazing. The Monster (Liam Neeson) was amazing and super detailed. I also loved how the stories the Monster told were in a watercolour style. It was nice seeing Jim Kay's art being used in the film as his images in the book were what made the story even more perfect.

I gave this movie 5/5 stars and I can't wait to watch it again when it comes out on DVD as it was such a good film. I still can't believe I cried in the cinema. I haven't done that since I saw Half Blood Prince in 2009.

So that was my review of the A Monster Calls movie. Let me know what you thought of the movie.
Love,
Carenza x