Saturday 28 April 2018

Belated March Favourites| CarenzaOnBooks

I know it's nearly the end of April, but it just dawned on me that I hadn't posted my March Favourites. For me, life is a bit hectic at the moment with my exams creeping ever nearer. I'm trying to get back on top of blogging content, but there will be times when there are gaps, unfortunately. As far as I can remember, March was a very good month for me. I saw lots of amazing films and got back into my love for TV series. 

Books

My favourite book of March was Sycthe by Neal Shusterman. The sequel is already out, but it doesn't come out until May 3rd in the UK. I haven't enjoyed a dystopian style novel in a long time, so when I picked this up and flew through it, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't want to put it down. I had a really good reading month in March, but ironically, I'm having a terrible reading month in April. 

Culture

I saw Lady Bird in March and I flipping loved it. I actually wrote a whole blog post about it, so if you want to read it then click here. At this point in my life, it is very relevant. I am going through the process of applying to university and deciding what I want to do with my future. The acting is phenomenal and the soundtrack is incredible. 

I'm pretty sure I saw Black Panther in March, but it might have been February, but as I didn't include it in my February favourites, I thought I'd talk about it now. I thought it was a great addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's not my personal favourite, but I did really enjoy it.

I have a lot of favourite TV series for March. Starting with Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. Again, this is a series I have a blog post all about, so click here to read it. I'm already on my third rewatch. I love it so much. It is quite possibly my favourite TV series of all time. I could watch it on repeat like an upturned turtle. I am very sad that they cancelled it. 

I have been watching Mad Men and I feel like I've finally got into it. I wasn't the biggest fan of series one and two, but I loved series three and four. I feel fully invested in the characters and I'm excited to see where it goes for the final three seasons.

I mentioned this in my February favourites, but I am still loving Merlin. I'm about to start the final series and I really don't want my rewatch to be over. I think it's an incredible show and it reminds me so much of being a child and watching it on the weekends as each new episode was released. 

Bits'n'Bobs

My new favourite bits'n'bobs have to be the two newest editions to my Pop Funko family; Ron and Ginny on broomsticks. I am going to be posting some Harry Potter inspired photos on my instagram (@carenzaonbooks) as I'm in the biggest Harry Potter mood. I think these are great editions to the collection and I just can't wait to keep on growing my collection. 

So that concludes my March favourites, I am going to try and get back on top of my posting schedule, especially with my Shadowhunter Chronicles reviews. 
Carenza x