Thursday 14 November 2019

End of Year Book Tag| CarenzaOnBooks

This is a book tag that I have wanted to do for ages, but I have always left it too late to do. But not this year! This is the year that I finally do the End of Year Book Tag. I saw this on JessetheReaders channel and I found the questions on my bookshelfdialogues blog, to see the questions, click here.

Are there any books that you've started this year that you need to finish?

There are no books that I've started and not finished this year. I have a terrible habit of reading a book to completion even if I don't like it. There are a couple of series that I'd like to finish, but I'm not sure if I will get to them. The first is one that I don't own all the books for, but I have one more book that I actually own and that is the Poldark series by Winston Graham. I have one book left that I actually own so I feel that this is going to be an achievable goal. If I finish all the books that I own, I will get the remaining four or five books in the series. 

Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

I didn't have an autumnal book, but I am currently reading a "spooky/halloween" book. I'm listening to the audiobook for Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I'm fully aware that it isn't a Halloween book per say, but it was a spookeque book and I have wanted to read this series for a while. So far, it's alright and I have a fairly good idea who could be Jack the Ripper in the novel, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong. 

Is there still a new release that you're waiting for?

There a quite a few new releases that I'm waiting to arrive, but have already come out. I am really looking forward to reading the sequel to Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson. I'm also looking forward to read The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White, I'm in the mood for a Merlin based story.   

What are three books that you want to read before the end of the year?

How could you make me choose only three books? There are so many, but I'm not sure I'll get to all of them. If I was forced to choose three, then I would choose Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I am really excited for the upcoming adaptation. I would like to read Find Me by Andre Aciman as I loved Call Me By Your Name, both the book and the film. The final book I would choose is How to be Famous by Caitlin Moran. I listened to the audiobook for the first one and even though I wasn't the biggest fan, I would like to keep up with this series.  

Is there a book that could still shock you and become your favourite of the year?

I think I have found my favourite book of the year, but there is always the chance I could find a new favourite book. I won't know until I read it though! So far my favourite book came out of the blue and I'm not sure if anything can top it. 

Have you started making reading plans for 2020? 

So far my reading plans for 2020 are pretty much the same as 2019. I'm hoping to continue to tackle my backlog of books to be read. I'm just hoping to have another good reading year and keep up the mentality I've had towards books.
Carenza x