Friday 22 September 2017

Meraki Candles Anime Quarterly Unboxing- Yuri on Ice| CarenzaOnBooks

Today I am posting my slightly belated Meraki Candles Anime Quarterly Yuri on Ice unboxing. This was meant to go up next week, but I am very behind on my reading for reviews. I was super excited to receive this box, I bought it back in May when it was announced and it wasn't supposed to arrive till July, but it didn't come till the end of August, which I was a bit disappointed by. I paid £23.29 in total, which included £3.50 postage. The box itself should have been £21.99, but I got a 10% discount by using one of the reps codes, so it was £19.79. But, that aside, here is my unboxing of the Yuri on Ice box.

This is what the actual box looks like. I do like how it's quite small and could easily fit in a postbox.












So there were two candles in the box. One was Eros which smells of sweet orange and chili. It's a surprisingly nice combination and I wasn't expecting to like it. The other one was Agape which smells of bergamot, apple and vanilla. Again, this is a surprisingly nice combination and I also really like it.






 
So this is what the candles look like with the lids off. They are such beautiful colours and really go with the theme and meaning behind the candles.












The first item is this History Makers mirror by Meraki Designs, which is the design side of Meraki Candles. I have to admit that I don't use mirrors that often and I have about 3 from subscription boxes that are gathering dust. So this item was not a hit with me, but the design is lovely.








This item is amazing and it's a letter from Victor to Yuri (I haven't posted the actual letter as I don't want to spoil anyone). This is from bookified. I love how this is such a unique item and I'll look into getting a different one from a different character.









This is the design on the spoiler card, I love that the whole gang is there and that Yuri is in the center (where he belongs).












A little extra was this character postcard, it is double sided, but silly me forgot to take a photo of the other side. But look at Victor and Yuri! They're so cute!











On the other side of this beautiful picture are some anime recommendations. They are for sport anime's and I have heard of Free!, but I've only been able to watch the dubbed version and I cannot stand dubbed Japanese films/tv.










This is the other little extra print, it's loads of information about figure skating.













The final item is this character notebook, I can't see who made it on the card though. It's a very cute, little notebook and it has lined paper inside.












So overall, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed about the contents and overall process of getting this box. It came really late and there was no warning about it coming late, which is really upsetting as a customer as you begin to worry that it's got lost in the post. The contents, while nice, was not worth what I paid for this box and I don't think I'm going to get much use out of the items. I don't think I'll be getting another one of these boxes, but I still love the candles and will continue to order big candles from them.
Carenza x