Friday 15 September 2017

August Favourites 2017| CarenzaOnBooks

Another month has flown by and I have more things to add to my ever growing list of favourites. August was a very good month, but I may be biased as it is my birthday month. I always look forward to August because it's when my family have our summer holiday. I did a lot of amazing things this August and consequently, I have a lot of favourites.

Books

If you saw my monthly wrap up, then you'll know I am in the middle of my Harry Potter reread. I will always love these books and it made me exceptionally happy rereading them. Reviews will be coming your way soon once I have finished my reread.









Culture

August was a very good cultural month. I went to Edinburgh twice and I also went to London. My first trip to Edinburgh was to meet Cassandra Clare and Holly Black at their Edinburgh signing. I have wanted to meet Cassie for 4 years and I finally got to met her. I wrote a blog post about it and you can check it out here.

My other trip to Edinburgh was for the Fringe festival. This was my fourth year in a row attending. I saw some amazing theatre and some less amazing theatre. I'm hoping to go again next year for longer than a day and experience more of the festival.

I went to London over the Bank Holiday to see Andrew Scott play Hamlet. It was a part of my birthday celebrations. Andrew Scott's Hamlet was one of my favourite Hamlet's and I can't wait to watch it again when it airs on BBC 1 or 2 next year.

My final cultural favourite was my trip to the Harry Potter studios. I got to go round it properly (I went in January with my college) and see the new Forbidden Forest. I'm already planning my next trip, probably this next year. I'm thinking of making a blog post about tips and tricks for people planning on going to the Studio, would you guys be interested in it?

Bits'n'Bobs

My favourites in the Bits'n'Bobs category has been depleting these past few months, but my Bits'n'Bobs choice for August is Pop Funkos. I've really gotten back into collecting them and have added a few to my collection in the past month. I really want to collect all the Harry Potter ones, but it will take a while as most of the ones I don't have are American exclusives.

And that concludes my August favourites. I can't believe there are only 3 months left of 2017, where did the year go?
Carenza x