Wednesday 22 March 2017

How to Bookworm #6- Book Blogging| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?
Today I have what could be my final post in my How to Bookworm series. At the moment, I am stuck for ideas, so it may be a while before another one is posted. In this one I am going to be talking about book blogging. I've been blogging for almost 2 years, and I started book blogging in January 2016, so I think I've finally got to grasps with what is important to do on a book blog. If you have any further tips that I haven't mentioned, please mention them in the comments.

Reviews

Something that I think is key to a book blog is reviews. Whether this be for a book, subscription box, bookish item or book-to-movie adaption, reviews are important. It lets people in the community now your opinions and often helps people to decide whether they are going to read the book.

I will admit that writing reviews is very hard. They're often the least read things on my blog, but I still enjoy writing them. I know a lot of book bloggers post reviews frequently, I like to post mine on a Monday, but I am thinking of changing that up a bit.

One tip that I recommend is to have a structure to your reviews. It means it's easy to read. I like to start with a disclaimer that the post will feature spoilers, then a non-spoiler section for people who haven't read the book, then a cover discussion as covers are really important, then a plot summary which I take from Goodreads and finally an opinions section in which I discuss things I like and things I don't like.  

Something that I have recently started doing is linking an Amazon page so people can go directly to purchasing the book. I also like to link the Goodreads page so then people can see what other people have thought of the book.

Discussions

Another important part of the book community, is discussions. We like to discuss issues that are relevant at the time. I know that they're are a lot of discussions about the lack of diversity in books at the moment. I like to post a discussion about once a month on an issue I feel is important. 

If there is an issue you feel strongly about, write a post about it and see what others think. You may encounter people who have different opinions, but you will have to learn to respect their opinions even if you don't agree.

Tags

Sometimes I feel as though tags are limited to BookTubers, but tags are fine on blogs too. If there's a certain theme for a tag you want to do, do it. I know that there are a lot of Disney themed tags and there's at least one Hamilton tag that I would love to do.
Tags allow your audience to get to know you without you having to spew random information about you. You may also find people who share your opinions and you could find a new friend out of it.

Promote other bloggers and companies

This is something I want to start doing as I feel very out of touch with the blogging community. The blogging community was how I discovered the book community. A lot of people in the book community have blogs which they spend a lot of time on. Find blogs that you like and see what they are talking about. It might led you to discover something new that you didn't know you liked.

So that concludes my How to Bookworm post on book blogging. Like I said at the start, let me know if you have any other tips for book bloggers.
Love,
Carenza x