Friday 10 March 2017

February 2017 Favourites| It'sCarenzaB

Hey Guys!
How are you?

It's reached that point in the month when I tell you what some of my favourites were from the previous month. This is probably the smallest favourites I have ever done as February just seemed to go so quickly and I had so much on I can't remember what happened. My posts are usually a lot longer, but I have under five favourites for this month. For the first time since I introduced the Bits'n'Bobs category, I have no random favourites.

Books

My favourite book that I read in February was Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I have a review of this, which you can read here. I have seen some mixed reviews about this book, but I personally loved it. I had started to hate reading fantasy, but this made me rethink my love for fantasy.









Culture

I only have one cultural favourite and that was a trip to London I made in mid-February. My family and I went to the British Museum and we saw an amazing exhibition on South Africa. I do like going to exhibitions, but sometimes I can find them a bit overwhelming, especially after a long journey. But I really enjoyed this one. We then went to a pub, which for the life of me I cannot remember the name, but it was one of the best pubs I have ever been to. But, the main reason we went to London was to see a play called La Ronde at a theater called the Bunker. It had one of my all time favourite actors in it, Alexander Vlahos. This play was definitely for more mature people as it dealt with sex and relationships. I'm not sure if it is still on, but if it is, I highly recommend.

My other vaguely cultural related thing is that I have been enjoying buying books from charity shops. Most of the books I have been buying are from charity shops. I feel that books from charity shops get a bad rep because they can be damaged, but at the end of the day you are getting a book and a charity is getting money towards its cause.

So that concludes my February favourites. I know this post is tiny compared to my usual favourite posts, but February went so quickly.
Love,
Carenza x