Monday 14 December 2020

Bookish Christmas Decor- #the12letters| Carenza Bramwell

Welcome to Day Two of the #the12letters challenge, created by the wonderful Beth of BooksNest and Lauren of FictionTea. This is a challenge across any social media platforms, using the twelve letters in Christmas Day to create prompts for creativity. Today's prompt is "home" and for home I will be sharing with you some of the best bookish Christmas decor out there. For more like this, check out my Instagram post which features my bookish home decor for the festive season. 

Taken from Google Images

A quick google search will let you know that there are indeed book themed Christmas ornaments out there. You two can make your Christmas tree as bookish as possible. All items will be linked in their descriptions.


We bookworms are usually against our precious books being turned into decorations, but this Book Fold artwork will add some magic to your home. There are so many items like this and not just for the festive period. Items like this are usually made from books that are going to be recycled due to age and it gives them a chance to be reused. 



Another creative way to use books as ornaments is to turn them into little statues, like this Snowman Ornament. Again, made from recycled books, it's another way to upcycle something and give it life again. He would make a rather jolly addition to any bookcase!



For the comic book fans, look no further than these recycled Christmas heart ornaments. Add something extra geeky to your Christmas tree. I have a very similar decoration that I will feature on my Instagram later toady. 

Taken from Google Images

If you are looking for inspiration that doesn't require buying these items, then look no further! I have a couple of ideas just for you. Firstly, you can always make a Christmas tree out of books. This trend began a couple of years ago and has resulted in some rather fictitious festive Christmas trees. From what I know, it's best to start with big books on the bottom and then get gradually smaller. You can add lights and decorations afterwards to make it the ultimate book Christmas tree.


Taken from Google Images

Something else you can do is decorate your bookshelves for the festive season. This year, I have tinsel on my display shelves in my bedroom and I've been keeping my Christmas cards on my bookshelves in my office. It adds a little bit of festive joy without going over the top.  

That concludes my post on Bookish Christmas Decor. I hope your Christmas is filled with delightful decorations and beautiful books!

Carenza :) x