Wednesday 2 September 2015

Back To School 2015: Tips and Tricks| It's Carenza B

Hello!
So as the summer holidays slowly come to an end *curls up in a ball and cries*, it can only mean one thing- school. Whether you are starting or finishing school or moving on to higher education, going back to school is not fun. But we can ease the pain with endless back to school videos and posts, which for some reason always make the back to school season more enjoyable. Don't deny it, we all love back to school shopping- whether it's for stationery, bags, books or clothes (for you lucky people who get to wear there own clothing), there is something oddly satisfying about back to school in general. So I thought I'd pass on some tips and tricks that help me get back in to the swing of things, so you're ready for the first day back. If you want, I can do a post half way through the school year on tips and tricks once school has started. So let's get  into the post!

Sleep Pattern

Now, most normal people during the summer holidays tend to sleep in late- we all do it. So when that first day comes you are going to be knocked of your feet when you have to get up at a time, that frankly, shouldn't exist! My tip for you is, start setting your alarm earlier each day so when it comes to Back To School you are ready to rock. Also, when it comes to going to sleep don't stay up all night on YouTube or Instagram and Twitter *follow me, @itscarenzab*. Find a sleep schedule that works for you so you get the right amount of sleep to keep you going through the whole day.

Routine 

When going Back to School, I always find it easier if I have some kind of routine to stick to for the whole year. So my advice to you is BEFORE going back to school is find a routine that works for you. If you have a long skincare routine, start timing it so you can work out how long your morning routine will be. Also if you start timing it, your routine will gradually become shorter. When washing your hair, I advise you to wash it the night before, as it means you don't have to worry about washing it in the morning.

Essentials

Now this isn't exclusively a "tip" but these are my back to school essentials. Firstly, the basics- pens and pencils, I like to use the Bic pens as they are just the cheap generic brand also because they don't have springs which everyone steals when you lend them to them. Pencils- I advise that you get mechanical pencils as you don't need to sharpen them. My favourite brand is Papermate as they are so reliable. I go through so many packs of pens and pencils a year, it's insane. Next I recommend highlighters, they are useful the whole year round for class work and revision. Finally, a planner or journal- most schools where I live provide us with them, however I decided to by my own as the ones we are provided with are too small for my massive handwriting.

Timetables 

My next tip for you is make a revision timetable/ generic timetables before you go back to school so you are used to it by the time you go back to school. I especially advise you to have a revision timetable as when it comes to exams you don't need to cram for your tests, as it never ends well.

Learning 

Now many of you will know that there are different types of learners, so before you go back to school I advise you to find out what type of learner you are as this will speed up the previous tip.

So these are my tips for you, leave a comment saying if you would like to see more things like this and when you go back to school (if you haven't already)
Cadenza x