Thursday 24 December 2020

Christmas Magic- My Christmas Favourites- #The12Letters| Carenza Bramwell

Welcome to the final day of #The12Letters, hosted by BooksNest and FictionTea. I can't believe it's already over. I want to start this post by thanking Beth and Lauren for making this challenge, it's been so much fun and has spread Christmas cheer in a year when we really need it. Today's prompt is yay! I've interpreted this by deciding to share some of my favourite things about Christmas. It's not my usual content, but like this challenge, we could all use some Christmas cheer.

Decorations


If you've been following me on any of my social media sites, then you might be sick to death of me talking about how much I love decorating my house for Christmas. Trees are the main way we decorate. This year we have three. First is the main family tree, filled with decorations collected over the years. We have never been a big Christmas tree theme family, so all our decorations are once we've purchased to symbolise the year. It adds a story to the tree and makes it feel a bit more unique to our family. Then I have my baby tree in my room. I've had this since I was born, like the big tree, I've collected a decoration for every year since I was born. Finally, we have another small one in my mums room. This is going to become a new thing we do. Decorating the house is fun, it's something we all look forward to. Just adds a bit of magic to the place we call home. 

Food

Like most people, one of my favourite things about Christmas is the food. It's one of the few times a year when you get to eat a bit naughty and have some extra nice treats. When I was a child, we used to have traditional Christmas'. We would rotate between various relatives houses and have a chicken, with all the trimmings. We haven't done that in a very long time. Recently, as it's just been me and my parents, we have party food and pizza. It is one of the more unusual things to have at Christmas, but it's become our little tradition.  

Entertainment

I actually wrote a blog post all about this, which I will link here. To expand on this a bit, I love the seasonal viewings. Christmas Doctor Who specials were a highlight in my household. I have noticed in the last few years that there is less and less to watch on Christmas day. Nevertheless, I treasure the memories of watching Christmas day specials. 

Christmas Eve  


I have to admit that I actually prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas Day. The reason is that Christmas Eve is my dad's birthday. We've always made the two very separate. I just enjoy getting to celebrate my dad and make the day special for him. We do have a big meal on his birthday, which means when Christmas rolls around the next day, we tend to have a much smaller meal, hence the party food and pizza. I know some people would be sad having their birthdays so close to Christmas, but we've always taken it in our stride and make it just as special as if it was to fall on another day. 

Those are some of my favourite Christmas things. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Carenza :) x