Monday 27 July 2020

The Hamilton Book Tag| Carenza Bramwell

Two book tags in one month? Who am I?

In all seriousness, like everyone else on the planet I watched Hamilton on Disney+. My family have taken out a one month subscription just to watch it. Watching it got me thinking and reminded me that this tag existed, so I thought why not? This tag was created by Maureen Keavy on YouTube.

1) The Room Where It Happens

A book world you would put yourself in.

I'm going to force myself not to choose Harry Potter as that's a cliche answer and instead choose the world of Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. I read those books last summer and adored the world. It sounded beautiful and was unlike anything else I had read before. I would happily live in that world if I could.

2) The Schyler Sisters

An underrated female character. 

I don't think she counts as an "underrated" female character, but I have to choose Lou from Serpent and Dove. I adored that book, mostly for the characters, but especially for Lou. She isn't your conventional female character, which made her quite refreshing. I'm very excited for book two. 

3) My Shot

A character that goes after what they want and doesn't let anything stop them.

I know that I've just mentioned Strange the Dreamer, but I have to choose Lazlo from the series. He's determination to find Weep is the main starting force of the book. I was hooked on his journey and dedication. 

4) You'll Be Back

Sassiest Villain.

I really struggled with this question as I couldn't think of a sassy villain off the top of my head, so I'm going to go with Johnathon Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. He does have some sassy moments, as do most of Cassie's characters. He is also by far the best villain from her series.  

5) Non-Stop

A series you marathoned.

I recently marathoned the Legend series by Marie Lu. I had a box set of the original trilogy and I binge read that. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it and how easy it was to read. I would love to read more books from her in the future. 

6) Satisfied

Favourite book with multiple POVs.

If you've been following my blog for a while, then you will know that I am not the biggest fan of multiple POVs. I often get confused about who I'm supposed to be reading from. That being said, a book I did really enjoy and didn't mind the POVs, was The Muse by Jessie Burton. The POVs added to the mystery in the book and made me really enjoy it. 

7) Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

A book/series that will be remembered throughout history.

Just this once I'll give into cliche and say Harry Potter. Despite the recent revelations about JK Rowling as an individual, Harry Potter will remain a classic series throughout time. Myself and many others owe a lot to these books. 

8) Helpless

A relationship you were rooting for from the start. 

Again, I know I've already mentioned it, but Lou and Reid from Serpent and Dove have the best relationship. I adore them both so much and cannot put into words how excited I am to read book two. 

9) Ten Duel Commandments

Favourite fight scene. 

I would call it a favourite fight scene, but there were some pretty good fight scenes in House of Blood and Earth by Sarah J Maas. Especially one in particular towards the end. That was very good. 

10) Say No To This

A guilty pleasure read.

I'm not sure if I have any guilty pleasure reads, but I do love the occasional graphic novel. I just find them very easy to read and that they bulk up my reading challenge. My favourites have to be the Heartstopper series by Alice Oseman. 

11) What Comes Next

A series you wish had more books.

Honestly, there isn't a series that I wish had more books. Most times the authors know when to stop their series. I'm not a fan of this recent trend of adding books to series that finished many years ago and had good endings. To me it just ruins all that emotional build up and is releasing books for the sake of releasing books. 

12) Right Hand Man

Favourite brotp.

Without a shadow of doubt, Jaskeir and Geralt from the Witcher. Specifically the TV show adaptation. They have the best brotp and they need to forget Yennifer and make them a couple. I just adore Jaskier with all my fibre. 

13) What'd I Miss

A book or series you were late to reading. 

There's a very long list of books I was late to reading, but I would have to choose Sadie by Courtney Summers. I remember when everyone was raving about this book a couple of years ago but I waited until I could listen to it on audiobook. The audiobook is amazing. It was such a good book and I'm desperate to add a copy to my collection. 

14) Stay Alive

A character you wish was still alive.

I know it's cliche to mention, but there are a small handful from the Harry Potter series that I wish had survived. I won't mention them in case anyone reading hasn't read the series, but die hard fans probably will relate to my pain. 

15) Burn

Most heartbreaking end to a relationship. 

I'm a bit skeptical about mentioning it as it's a spoiler, but I recently read a series where the main OTP didn't stay together throughout the series and I was so shocked by it. 

16) The Reynolds Pamphlet 

A book with a twist you didn't see coming. 

I'm actually really bad at spotting twists in books, so pretty much every book manages to surprise me. It would be very difficult to pick one in particular.

So that was the Hamilton Book Tag!
Carenza :) x