Friday 26 January 2018

November and December Favourites| CarenzaOnBooks

It's never too late for a favourites post, right? I know this is super late, but I think by now we've established that I'm awful at sticking to an upload schedule. Forgetting this, here are my favourites from the months of November and December!

November

I read two of my favourites in November and they were The Life of Pi by Yann Martel and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. These are two of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. I enjoyed myself the whole way through and I would love to read more from both authors. I have been neglecting my book reviews, so I'm going to make a list of all the books I want to review and get them all prepared to go at some point in the next few months.

I saw an epic amount of movies in November. I'm pretty sure I saw a movie every single week in November, which is insane. But, there are three movies I really enjoyed. The first was Thor: Ragnarok. I really enjoy Marvel movies and this was a really good one. It wasn't my favourite, but I loved the soundtrack and the whole aesthetic of the movie. I'm looking forward to the Marvel film releases later this year. 

Another film I enjoyed was Breathe. It was Andy Serkis' directorial debut. I went to the cinema by myself and I was the youngest person in that room, and I cried. It had some really sad bits and I don't cry that much in the cinema. It was beautiful. 

My final film fave was The Death of Stalin. This was so funny, I genuinely couldn't stop laughing. I'm currently studying Russian History as one of my courses at college. It had an incredible cast and if you enjoy historical comedies, I highly recommend this.

I saw the Imperium plays at the RSC and I really enjoyed them. I had no idea what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's based on the novels by Robert Harris, which I think I'm gonna read at some point in my life.

I got two new Pop Funkos in November and surprise surprise, they're Harry Potter ones. I got two of the Autumn Convention exclusives. I got the Boggart as Snape and Gellert Grindelwald. I love them both so much and I love seeing my collection grow.

December

It might seem obvious, but I really love the festive period. I love the dark evenings and wearing all the jumpers. I love having a Christmas tree up and the build-up to Christmas. We had snow this year, which was really exciting.

In December I FINALLY saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (part one only). It was amazing. I loved it. I'm seeing it again on my birthday. I spent a lot of money on the merchandise, but it was totally worth it. I had a whole day in London with my Mum and it was so lovely.

A TV show I binged watched with my family was Gotham (series 3). This was by far the best series of Gotham. It moved the story in an incredible direction and I'm sad that I have to wait for series four to be on DVD to continue watching it.

If I'm honest, those are the only things I really enjoyed in December, as December is just a crazy busy month. 

So that concludes my favourites for November and December. I'm thinking that I might start posting my favourites posts bi-monthly as I think I prefer it.
Carenza x