Friday 5 January 2018

Best of Books 2017| CarenzaOnBooks

As it is now 2018, it is time to reflect on the things I loved in 2017, and as custom on CarenzaOnBooks dictates, I discuss my favourite releases of the year. This year I only have three 2017 releases that I loved, so without further ado, here are my favourite books of 2017.

1) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I'm pretty sure most people who read The Hate U Give have put it on their favourites list and rightly so. This book was amazing. I had the pleasure of meeting Angie as well, which definitely added to my reading experience. It tackles the very serious issue of how black people in America are treated by the police really well, but there are also some humorous elements in it. I am so excited for the movie that I believe is coming out this year. There are so many more books now coming out about the Black Lives Matter movement. I am really excited for Angie's next book, On The Come Up, as she is a phenomenal writer.

2) Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu

Another phenomenal writer is Jennifer Mathieu. I read one of her other books, so when I saw that this was coming out I was really excited. It is a really powerful YA novel about feminism and starting a feminist revolution. It's very empowering. I read it in one sitting and I would love to read more books like it in the future. I would also love if there was a movie adaptation because more people need to read this amazing book.

3) Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

Is it even a surprise that Lord of Shadows is on here? I think not. I adore the Shadowhunter Chronicles, I'm actually participating in a readathon hosted by emmmabooks. I loved Lord of Shadows so much. It destroyed me. I don't know how I'll be able to wait until December 4th for the conclusion to this series. Cassie really outdid herself with this book and it makes me so happy to see her growing as an author.

So that concludes my favourite books of 2017, let me know what some of yours were!
Carenza x