Monday 12 June 2017

Here's Two Many More Years| CarenzaOnBooks

Today, June 12th 2017, my blog turns two years old (hence the misspelling of two in the title). I started it back in 2015, with no real plan of what I was doing. I thought that I was going to be the next big beauty blogger. But as time passed, I discovered I had no idea what I was talking about and I wasn't enjoying blogging.

So in 2016 I changed to book blogging. I loved book blogging as reading is my one of my greatest passions, so being able to talk about something I loved was great. I continued with this theme into 2017, but as time went on I began to no longer enjoy it. Putting out a certain amount of posts a month became a chore rather than something I did for fun.

Now that my blog has turned two, I feel that it is time to change. I have decided to make several changes. The first being my upload schedule. I am no longer going to upload on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's. I am going to upload a certain amount of posts a month (i.e 10) and spread them out equally throughout the month. This way, I can spend more time writing them and getting them to the quality I want them to be. This does mean that Book Review Monday will be coming to an end. I want to upload more book reviews, but not be restricted by one upload day.

Another thing that is going to change is my username. For two years I have gone by the name It'sCarenzaB, which for the first year was good username. But now I feel it is time to choose a username that reflects my interests and if you've read the title fully, then you'll know the username I have selected is CarenzaOnBooks. I wanted to keep my name in the username but I wanted it to be a play on a title of something I like. I have been thinking up usernames since April and I finally settled on CarenzaOnBooks which is a play on Yuri On Ice. By the end of the month, I will have changed my username on all my social media accounts to this.

The final big change is the type of posts I am going to be posting. I still want to post about books, but I also want to talk about my other interests such as theater and nerd culture. I want to talk about the theater I am going to see or nerdy things I'm interested in. I want to fangirl about Anime and Disney. I want to talk about things I love.

So a lot of things are going to be changing around here and that may seem scary, but I have always been someone who believes that change can be a good thing if you're no longer happy with the things you are doing.

But finally, I want to say thank you for sticking with me over these past two years. Whether you've been with me from the beginning or just discovered me today, thank you for reading my blog and taking an interest in my little corner of the internet.
Carenza x