Monday 9 August 2021

Let's Get Reacquainted- Meet the Book Blogger| Carenza Bramwell

I've been creating content on here since June 2015. In those 6 years, my blog has morphed from a beauty/lifestyle site into a bookish/culture place. When I started, I was still doing my GCSEs and now I have a degree, so it's safe to say a lot has changed. In today's post, I thought I would share some interesting facts about myself in order for you to get reacquainted with me. 

Meet the Book Blogger

Shout out to my dad for helping me take this photo!



I'm Carenza, a twenty something year old based in the UK. I write about books, films, TV shows and my experiences as a Creative and Professional Writing graduate. I completed my degree in Creative and Professional Writing in 2021, before which I would write about my student experience. Currently I am looking to start my career as a professional writer and am filling that time by working full time on my various social media platforms. 


I have a pet cat called Mac (his full name is McKenzie) who features frequently on my Instagram account (@carenzaonbooks). We adopted him in 2008 after I begged my parents for a pet when I realised I was the only person in my class without one. He was already named when we got him, which is probably for the best as I gave him the unofficial middle name of Merlin as it was the same year the show began airing. He is thirteen year old tabby cat and we love him very much. Mac's favourite things are sleeping, eating, trying to escape and coming for cuddles. I am very biased but I do believe he is the best cat and I won't hear otherwise. Just look at him!

My favourite genre is fantasy. I've always been a reader but since the age of thirteen, I really got into book. I became a part of the book community in 2016 after discovering bookstagram and I haven't looked back since. I have 6 shelves of fantasy books out of eighteen shelves total. Some of my favourite fantasy books are Serpent&Dove, anything Cassandra Clare writes and Strange the Dreamer. 

I have 5 ways of tracking my reading. I actually have a whole blog post about this, which you can read here. It started as just one, with Goodreads being the main way I tracked my reading. Then in 2020, I began keeping a handwritten list as I really like handwriting things. Then in 2021, it expanded. I have a twitter and Instagram thread of all the books I've read. In April, I discovered the CAWPILE method created by BooksRoast and was converted to using it. Having this many methods does take up a lot of time and I probably will cut back on some of them in 2022, but we will see. 

My degree specialty is in scriptwriting. For my final year and dissertation, I wrote an original screenplay. It was a TV Pilot and something I was incredibly proud of. One day, I'd like to write the rest of the series. At this moment in time, I am leaning more towards a career as a fiction writer, but I wouldn't rule out a return to script writing. Since finishing my degree in June 2021, I have taken a break from writing (except for blog posts etc) as I found studying during the pandemic hard and need to give my brain a bit of a break. I'm planning on starting working on a new project this September!  

I am currently learning three languages. I love learning. I always have. As my degree was more creative than academic, I really missed the academic side of things. When we went into lockdown in March 2020, I decided to pick up French. I had spent five years learning it at school and was a part of a bilingual class where we took some of other lessons in French as well. Sadly, I didn't continue after those five years and forgot a lot of what I had learned. So, ever since March 2020, I have been doing French on Duolingo. I'm now nearly 500 days into my streak. Since June 2021, I have also started learning Italian and Japanese as they are languages I have wanted to learn for a while. I love learning these languages and can't wait to be able to understand them better. 

Those were some facts about me in a meet the book blogger post. I hoped you guys enjoyed this!