Monday 23 August 2021

5 Books I Want to Read By The End of the Year| Carenza Bramwell

Every year I make a post like this. Every year I only read one or two books off this list. I've decided this is the year that changes. Recently I put all my unread books onto my Goodreads account and I have 152 unread books. That's a lot of books. So from now on, I'm going to make it my priority to get my TBR in check. Here are five books I want ,and am going to try very hard to read, by the end of the year. 


1) Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton

I read Rebel of the Sands back in 2016 and really enjoyed it. So much so that when the other two books were released, I had them on preorder. Have I continued this series? I have not. I don't know why as I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was the increase in length as Rebel of the Sands was a much smaller book than the other two. As it's been five years since I read Rebel of the Sands, it is going to require a reread first. But I'm excited to finally find out what happens in this series. 

2) Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin

Similar to Traitor to the Throne, I adored Wolf by Wolf back in 2016. And for some reason I never finished the series. I think in 2016-17, I was discovering my reading tastes and so I bounced from book to book a lot. Books I had been excited for got pushed aside for newer, shinier models. Sorry books that have been on my TBR for like five years. You are loved. So I'll reread Wolf by Wolf and then dive into Blood for Blood to find out how this series ends. 

3) Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow

This is a beast of a book. A family friend bought this for me after learning I was a fan of Hamilton. I have had this on my TBR for about four years. 2021 is the year I'm going to read it. I wasn't the biggest fan of non-fiction, but I've begun reading it more this year. I want to add this to the pile of non-fiction books I've read. I may listen to it on audiobook if I can find it on Scribd (which is the platform I'm currently using). 

4) The Dragon Republic by R.F Kuang 

The newest edition to this list. I bought this earlier this year after reading and adoring The Poppy War. I'm planning on spacing out the series as it is very heavy and the final book isn't out in paperback yet. I've heard that The Dragon Republic is a bit heavier than The Poppy War so I'm now very worried for these characters. I've been moving more towards books aimed at adults rather than YA, so this is my first foray into adult fantasy. I need to know that these characters are okay and am going to be putting it on my TBR soon.

5) Heroes by Stephen Fry

Like The Dragon Republic, this is a newer edition to my TBR as I bought it using a book voucher I got for Christmas 2020. I read Mythos last November and was surprised by it. I think Stephen Fry is an incredible human and just as incredible a writer. He makes these stories funny and informative. It's a very strong contender for my November TBR.

Those are five books I'd like to knock off my TBR by the end of the year. How many books do you have on your TBR??