Monday 16 November 2020

The End of Year Book Tag 2020| Carenza Bramwell

The end of 2020 is slowly approaching. Soon we can leave this hellish year behind and prepare for whatever 2021 has installed for us. With the end of the year approaching, it is time to reflect on various things, including the books we have read. Today's post is going to be the End of the Year Book Tag. I've seen this on various content creators sites, but I found the questions on Kristin Kraves Books Blog.   


Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

The book I'm hoping to finish by the end of the year is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JKR. I started this as a part of a reread during lockdown before the whole JKR fiasco happened. I am only finishing it to finish the series and then I plan on distancing myself from the series for quite some time. I think I'm almost halfway through the audiobook, narrated by the legendary Stephen Fry.  

Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

I would consider my most recent read, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab, an autumnal book that transitioned to the end of the year. It had some spooky vibes to it, which was perfect for this time of year. I'm not one that usually reads transitional books, but Addie LaRue is an incredible book for this time of year when it's dark and cold outside. 

Is there a new release you're still waiting for?

All the books I was waiting for to be released have been, but I am waiting for my copy of These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong to be delivered. It's a 1920s retelling of Romeo and Juliet set in Shanghai with some fantasy elements in. I cannot wait to read it when my copy finally arrives. Another book that I haven't order is This Winter by Alice Oseman, a Solitaire/Heartstopper novella. It's a Christmas novella about Charlie and Nick. I'm going to pick it up closer to Christmas. 

What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

It's very difficult to pick only three books! But if I was forced to I would have to pick The Secret History by Donna Tartt, The Familiars by Stacey Halls and The Angry Tide by Winston Grahame. These are books I can see myself picking up before the year ends. 

Is there a book you think could shock you and become your favourite book of the year?

Quite possibly! To be honest, I don't think I have a favourite book of 2020. I have read some good books, but none have wowed me. There's only one book I'd consider coming close to wowing me. Understandably, 2020 has been a very difficult and it has impacted my reading quite severely. I have been finding solace in my books, but I don't know if I've enjoyed them as much as I normally would. 

Have you already started making reading plans for 2021?

A goal of mine for 2020 is to tackle as much of my TBR pile as possible. I feel I made a good dent in it this year, but I know I can make an even bigger dent next year. I also plan on being just as strict with book buying as I was this year as I cut my book buying habit back quite significantly. I also really want to be more selective with the releases I buy as there have been quite a few that I haven't enjoyed this year. 

That concludes my answers to the End of Year Book Tag! What are your hopes for your reading by the end of 2020?
Carenza :) x