Thursday 26 November 2020

5 Books I Want to Read by the End of 2020| Carenza Bramwell

2020 may well have been the worst year any of us have had to live through in a very long time, but that doesn't mean we can't find the happy moments right now. For me, that has been finding comfort in books. I have been reading as much as I can. In this post, I will be sharing five books I am hoping to read by the end of 2020. 

The Angry Tide by Winston Graham 


If you have been a long time follower of my blog, then you will know that I adore the Poldark series. I have read almost all the books (well the ones I own) and followed the TV show religiously. The only book I haven't read out of the ones that I own is The Angry Tide, which I believe is the seventh book in the series. I want to finish 2020 knowing that I have caught up with the Poldark books I've read as I've been reading them over the last three or four years. 

The Familiars by Stacey Halls


A recent purchase of mine from before the most recent lockdown in the UK started was The Familiars by Stacey Halls. It is about the Pendle Witches in the 1600s in Lancashire. I decided to pick this up as Lancashire is my home county and despite living there for almost all my life, I have never been to Pendle. I am really interested in gothic witchy stories at the moment, so when I stumbled across this, I knew I had to pick it up. My mum and grandma are also really interested in reading this.  

These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong

A Romeo and Juliet 1920s Shanghai fantasy book? I think you sold me in a single sentence. The 1920s are my favourite historical period so I had to pick this up. I'm really sad as I accidentally got my copy sent home rather than to my university house, so I'll have to wait until I go home for Christmas to finally read it. I've heard nothing but good things about this one and I can't wait to dive into it. I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy it. 

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris



A book I have meaning to read for quite some time is The Tattooist of Auschwitz. Both my mum and best friend have read this book so they're nagging me to read it. It is very high up my list because of them, but it's one I've just been meaning to get to. I have heard that it's quite a heavy read, so I think cushioning this with some lighter toned books would be best. 

The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson


My final book on this list is the conclusion to the Truly Devious series by Maureen Johnson. I really enjoyed the first two books and I read the first book in one of her other series this year, also enjoying that one. I think I'm planning on rereading the entire series before getting to this one, just to refresh my memory. Who doesn't love a good murder mystery around Christmas? 

That concludes my list of books I'm hoping to get to before the year ends. Happy reading!

Carenza :) x