Thursday 9 August 2018

July Favourites| CarenzaOnBooks

Another month has come and gone and we are now in August (the best month of the year, but I am biased as it's my birthday month). July went surprisingly quick and I had a really good month for cultural occasions.

Books 

I am continuing with my reread of the Harry Potter books. As you guys know, I'm a huge fan of the series and as I'm going to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for my birthday for the end of the month, I want to read all of the main books in the series. Now I may be falling behind on this, but I am going to try my hardest to catch up. I don't think I need to go into detail about how much I love Harry Potter at this point, it's fairly self-explanatory.

Culture 

I saw three great shows in July, the first being Translations at the National Theatre. By the time this post goes up, the run will be almost over (finished August 11th). I loved this show and its theme at heart. I don't want to spoil it, but if you are interested in Irish Culture, then I would highly recommend it.

Next, I saw The Lieutenant of Inishmore at the Noel Coward Theatre in London. This is on till mid-September, I believe and is a very funny play. It's written by Martin McDonagh (who was the writer of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri). He is a very talented and humorous writer. I will say that it is very gory in places, but it is one of the funniest plays I have ever seen.

I was lucky enough to see a live broadcast of Everybody's Talking about Jamie in July and this has become one of my favourite musicals. It teaches such an important message about being yourself. Plus the songs are great and really catchy.

I'm almost finished with Mad Men. At the point of writing this, I have around five episodes left. I am so interested in seeing how they wrap up the series as I've become really invested at this point.

Poldark series 4 ending in July and oh boy was it an emotional series. Now, it wasn't my favourite series, but there were some good moments that I had been looking forward to and some unexpected moments. I am looking forward to series 5, even though it is going to be the last one.

Bits'n'Bobs 


I got a new  Harry Potter Mystery Mini in July and it was the Hungarian Horntail! I've been wanting this one for ages and I'm so happy I have it. I think the minis are adorable and one day, I'd love to have a full set but I know that will be very expensive.
Carenza x