Tuesday 31 July 2018

Totally Should've Book Tag| CarenzaOnBooks

I know I've already done a book tag this month, but I was in the mood to do another one and after searching through BookTube I found the "Totally Should've" book tag, created by EmmaBooks. I've wanted to do this tag for a while and so I thought why not do it today?

1)Totally should've gotten a sequel

Last year I read Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu and I loved it. I would love to read more books from that world. It was such an empowering read and I wish there were more books like it.

2)Totally should've had a spin-off series

The obvious answer here is the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. I think that myself and the rest of the Harry Potter fandom would love as many spin-offs as possible. I would particularly love a series about the Marauders- I need more Lupin and Sirius in my life.

3)An author who totally should write more books

Hands down, Angie Thomas. I loved The Hate U Give so much and I can't wait to see the movie adaptation. I know she has another book coming out next year, but I would happily read anything she publishes.

4)A character who totally should've ended up with someone else

The only one I can think of is from the Harry Potter universe and that is that I would have loved Luna and Neville to end up together. They did it beautifully in the films, but I would have loved them together as a little pair of adorable oddballs. Also from the Harry Potter universe, I would have loved from Albus and Scorpius to end up together. They were so cute and clearly meant to be. 

5)Totally should've ended differently

I think quite a few people will agree with me on this, but I didn't like the ending of Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Without spoiling it, a certain character shouldn't have died. 

6)Totally should've had a movie franchise

Any book Adam Silvera writes should become a movie. I would love to see all of his current releases (and any future ones) on the big screen. 

7)Totally should've had a TV show

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern would make an incredible TV show. I would love to see someone turn it into a TV show at some point in the near future. 

8)Totally should've had one point of view

Allegiant again. The multiple perspectives made it obvious that that one character was going to die at the end. Also, the two voices were far too similar, half the time I didn't know which was which. 

9)Totally should have a cover change

I genuinely can't think of any books where I would change the cover. I love all the covers I have and none of them needs changing in my opinion. 

10)Totally should've kept the original covers

The Wrath and the Dawn duology by Renee Adieh. I loved the original covers, but the new ones, in my opinion, aren't great. 

11)Totally should've stopped at book one

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I've read the first two books, and probably won't be continuing with the rest as I really didn't like the series.

Carenza x