Thursday 12 July 2018

May and June Favourites| CarenzaOnBooks

Once again, I've fallen behind on posting on here. Exams were life-consuming and I've been slowly adjusting to not being in college. I'm hoping to get better at posting on here, but I won't make any promises as I don't know what the future has in store. But as I've missed posting on here, I thought I'd come back with a favourites post as I love favourites. I'm going to combine May and June as I haven't posted a favourite post for either.

Books

My favourite books I read in the months of May/June were the Poldark books by Winston Graham. I've only read books 1-5, but I'm loving them. It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the TV show, so I decided to give the books a go. I'm currently taking a break from them as books 6-7 cover the most recent series and I want to watch the series before I read the books. 

Culture

I finished my rewatch of Merlin in June and it was amazing. I cried at the final episode and I know at some point I'll rewatch it. I still can't believe that the first series came out ten years ago. 

I also continued watching Mad Men and I'm definitely more invested in the storyline now. Series 3-4 have been my favourite so far, but I am loving the direction the series is going in. I'm hoping to finish it before I go to university in September.  

Poldark series four started in June and so far I'm loving it. It's not my favourite series of the Poldark franchise, but any excuse to watch Poldark is good for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends. 

I saw The Happy Prince in June and I really enjoyed it. Oscar Wilde is someone I'm interested in, but I know very little about his life. It was a beautiful film and if you are interested in Oscar Wilde, then I would highly recommend it. 

Bits'n'Bobs 

It will probably come as no surprise that I have got new Pop Funkos on this list. I'm always adding new Pops to my collection and with the newest wave being announced, it will continue to expand. I don't know what I'll do when I go to university as I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford them.

shop


While in Liverpool, I bought some new earings for the first time in ages. I'm allergic to anything but gold or silver, which makes getting earings expensive. Thankfully, these were about £13, which for one pair is still expensive. Nevertheless, I think they're beautiful and they were a bit outside of my comfort zone fashion-wise.

So that concludes my belated favourites posts. I'm slowly trying to get on top of my posting schedule again, but it may take some time for me to get back to posting once a week on here.
Carenza x