Wednesday 5 July 2017

June Favourites 2017| CarenzaOnBooks

Another month over means another favourites post. June went so unbelievably fast that I don't know if the favourites I have for this month (June) are actually for June.

Books

My favourite book for June is obviously Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare. My review is still in the making (I know I've said that in the last few posts, but it is taking me a while to write it). I have Lord of Shadows 5/5 stars. I can't believe that we have to wait till 2019 for the next book. Also, can we appreciate how gorgeous this Waterstones exclusive edition is? Cassie has been blessed by the cover gods.






 Culture

I have quite a few TV show favourites for June. The first being Versailles series 2. I wasn't the biggest fan of series 1, but I loved series 2 so much and am very excited for series 3. If you interested in learning about the building of the Palace of Versailles as well as the King who built it, then you will love this. It brings back all the memories of my trip to Versailles in 2011 and I would love to go again.

Another TV show that returned was Poldark. I love Poldark so much and I'm so happy to be back in this world. I'm pretty sure it's already been commissioned for a fourth series, which would take them up to book 8. I love the music, the cinematography, the actors and the plots. It makes me very happy when Sunday's roll around and I get a new episode.

I began re-watching the Legend of Korra for what must be the fourth time since 2014. I love this show so much and it makes me happy every time I watch it. The episodes are only 20 minutes long, which means you can get through quite a few at a time. I need to get it on box set, but for now I am  very happy watching it on Prime.

Bits'n'Bobs 

I'm not sure if I got any new bits'n'bobs in June, but I did reorganise my candle shelf in my bedroom which made me very happy. They had been very cluttered, but now they look beautiful. I probably have more candles than I need, but they make great props for Bookstagram photos and they smell great.

I'm very excited for what July brings at I have a few trips planned as well as it being Camp NaNoWriMo and Game of Thrones coming back. It also means that next month is my birthday month, which I am a bit too excited for.
Carenza x