Wednesday 31 May 2017

May GeekyClean Crate Review- By The Angel (Contains Spoilers)| It'sCarenzaB

As someone who is a regular subscriber to Fairyloot, I thought it was time to try a new subscription box. Following the March Fairyloot box, I discovered an amazing company called GeekyClean which has a monthly subscription box in which they send out five bath/candle items themed around a certain book or series. When I saw what the theme was for May, I knew I HAD to have it as it was By The Angel which is based on Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter Chronicles and if you follow me on Instagram, then you will know I am a massive fan of her books.

As you can see the box is quite small. Most subscription boxes are quite big, so having something quite small is unusual. They also have an amazing promo card for this months theme and next months theme (Game of Foams). All the information about the products is stuck to the top of the box rather than on a separate card.








The first item in the box was this High Warlock of Brooklyn candle. I'm assuming it's based of the TV series as it has the actor from the TV series. It smells of Red Grape, Wine and Musk. It's not one of my favourite scents in the box as I really don't like musk, but apart from that I'm happy to have a candle based of everyone's favourite High Warlock.
And true to the character, there is lots of glitter!













For the first time ever, I received some book inspired make up. If you have been following my blog since I started it, then you'll know that I started it as a beauty blog and so this made me laugh a little bit. It is inspired by Adamas and is this beautiful bronze-brown colour. Even though I don't wear a lot of make-up, I will probably wear this as it's a very nice colour and it's book inspired.






Something I was very excited by was this Parabati bath bomb. Firstly, I love baths so this was perfect. Secondly, the scent is really fresh which is the type of scents I like. It smells of Cucumber, Lemon and Patchouli which together makes a perfect scent for this time of year.









While I may not be a huge fan of perfumes, I do love this Lord of Shadows inspired roller ball perfume. It smells of Dragonsblood, which is quite an orange-y scent. I'm going to be wearing this when I finally start Lord of Shadows to fully amerce myself in the book.









The final item is my favourite item, but it was also the item I couldn't get a good quality image of. It is the green item in the left bottom hand corner of the image. It is a Team Will or Team Jem soap. If you saw my March Fairyloot unboxing, then you will know that there was a candle that was Lime and Cherry scented. This is exactly what it smells of. I love that scent and I am so happy that there are more items with this amazing scent.





So that concludes my review on May's GeekyClean Crate. For under £20 plus postage, you get a lot of things and good value for money. I plan on getting their crates again in the future as sometimes I don't get round to reading the books sent out in subscription boxes.
Love,
Carenza x