Thursday 6 August 2020

Books I'd Like To Give A Second Chance| Carenza Bramwell

Normally, I have a very clear sense of when a book is for me. However, there have been a few books that I've read that haven't quite been for me. In this post I will be sharing some books I would like to give a second chance to. 

Caraval by Stephanie Garber


I read Caraval the year it came out (2017?) and I loved it. I fully intended on carrying on with the series, but for some reason I never did. I'd like to give this book a second chance to see if I did actually enjoy it and to hopefully continue with the series. I know a lot of people adore this series. It sounds like something I would enjoy. I did really enjoy The Night Circus, which was recommended alongside this book. 

Nevernight by Jay Kristoff


I read this in 2016 and gave it four out of five stars. I think if I was to read it as an adult, I would enjoy it a lot more. Plus, I've watched Piera Forde's adaptation on YouTube and it makes me want to continue with this series. I've heard it has a bisexual main character. Again, this sounds like something I would enjoy, especially now I'm a bit older and have a more refined taste in books.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I did enjoy the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, but I just found the Six of Crows duology to be overhpyed. I could see why people enjoyed it. I found the story a bit slow for my liking. I'm also not a fan of multiple POV books and this had six POVS. I'd heard a lot about Kaz and Inej before I read it, but I didn't end up caring for them. My favourite characters were Jesper and Wylan. I know it's being made into a Netflix show and I want to give it another shot as I think I'd enjoy the TV adaptation. 

A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab

Another popular YA series I should have enjoyed was ADSOM. I read them all as eBooks through my library app which I think was a mistake. At some point, I will pick up copies of the first two books (I own the third one for some reason). I've had a bit of hit and miss with VE Schwab's books so far, so I'm hoping this is the series that makes her into an author I really enjoy. 

The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern


As I've already mentioned, I adored The Night Circus. I was really excited for this book, but I just think I rushed my reading of it. As it's quite a heavy book, I think I need to read it again and take my time with it. I could easily see myself loving it as I adore Erin's writing style. 

So those are some books that I would like to give a second chance to at some point in the feature.
Carenza :) x